Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 gp1300r clicks but wont start

Hello.
    i've had the waverunner for a year now with no problems and only 40 hours of use on it. I was riding it and it started to sound like it was bogging down so i turned it off and inspected it and realized the drain plug was left out and the engine compartment was filled halfway with water. When i tried to restart it i hear a clicking and a humming noise but it wont turn over. I checked the battery and fuses and they are all working fine. Any suggestions on what is wrong? Thanks in advance!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by reebz2003 View Post
    Hello.
    i've had the waverunner for a year now with no problems and only 40 hours of use on it. I was riding it and it started to sound like it was bogging down so i turned it off and inspected it and realized the drain plug was left out and the engine compartment was filled halfway with water. When i tried to restart it i hear a clicking and a humming noise but it wont turn over. I checked the battery and fuses and they are all working fine. Any suggestions on what is wrong? Thanks in advance!
    It sounds like you have water in your motor. how long ago did this happen. Pull the plugs asap, crank the motor and see if water shoots out of the spark plug holes. Then fog the crap out of the motor and get it started right away and ride the shit out of it to heat the motor up nice and hot to remove any moisture. Then repeat......

Hopefully you didn't wait or your crank is toast.

OH SNAP! pull the plugs run the motor til water blow out then run on hose for a while!!!!!!!

+1
    These guys have you pretty much covered. Sounds like you have water in your engine. Pull both of the plugs and press the start button to crank the engine over. Do this till no water sprays out of the spark plug holes. Put new plugs in the ski and try to fire it up. You may want to run double oil in one tank worth of gas of fog it really well just to coat the engine with extra oil. Was this salt water or fresh?

Make sure when you pull your plug wires to put them far away from anything metal or insulate them to keep from igniting the fumes coming from the plug holes. I would also take a unwanted towell and try to cover anything you dont want fuel, oil and water on as the mix will shoot up rather high. Also make sure you dont crank it over if there may be any excess fluids in any of the cylinders with the plugs in.

+1
    Hello.
    welcome to the forum

+1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97172 read this forum also. You wanna get all the water out so you dont get any rust on your crank or your motor is shot.

thanks guys

thanks guys for all the responses!
    unfortunately i might have waited too long b/c i just got back from vacation and figure i would deal with it now so i hope its not too late. one more quick question, How do you manually crank the motor?

+1
    thanks guys for all the responses!
    unfortunately i might have waited too long b/c i just got back from vacation and figure i would deal with it now so i hope its not too late. one more quick question, How do you manually crank the motor?
    if water has sat in the crank for a week or so its toat...sorry...
    to manual crank remove plugs, remove the inter shaft cover(black plastic) cover at rear of cylinder #3 back of ski and turn the couplers you will see under the cover....
    please dont leave the lanyard in while doing this ...you dont want a accident on your hands literaly

i would not be tempted at all to run it without a rebuild,yes it might run for a short time but when it goes,and it will, it will cost lots more if the rod comes out through the cases

Thanks you for the advice. How much will a rebuilt motors cost?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information