Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: s200 help

s200 help

ok so i pretty much just bought my 05 s200 370hp, about 2 weeks ago today is the first time i get to take it out besides the test drive, so anyway boat seemed to run good all day and i had it on the water all day so when i go to load it up , pull the drain plug and water is gushing out. so i look in the engine compartment and there is about 8'' of water about to the bottom of the blocks? i have no idea where this water came from , or what to look for , i mean the boat is in good shape with about 60 hours on it,starting to get a little worried? so please help

If the boat was just washed before you picked it up or if it rain with no cover on then the compartment under the deck (the ski locker) might of had water in it and doesnt usually drain to the bilge unless it is in the water and you floor it so the water goes to the back from the g force, also if the water was ruff and it goes in the vents on the sides of the boat you get it in the bilge. Just run it and go like 20mph with the cover up and watch for leaks in the hoses.Goodluck

ok thanks ill try that

Check your intake grate shaft seals...you can see them from the top...they screw into the boat and hold the shaft for the clearance system.

Mine popped out and brought some water in.

ok thanks ill check that as well

just got to looking at it and it seems the bolts that hold the black plates that cover the impellers go through the hull anyway a couple of them are very loose and i can pull them out , so i figure ill put a couple of nuts on them and see if that does the trick ,
    also when you guys are running do you leave the bilge pump on or turn it on every once in a while?

I flick mine on every so often.

You could leave it on, but it should not be needed that often.

Quote Originally Posted by r1_123 View Post
    also when you guys are running do you leave the bilge pump on or turn it on every once in a while?
    Not sure about your model but my '06 Sporster SCIC bilge will turn on automatically given a level of water. There is a fuse inline from the battery to the bilge that when blown will prevent this. It happened once on mine. The fuse is not in the box. You might want to follow the cables from the battery to the bilge to check yours b/c the bilge will still operate manually with this blown.

Yes it is auto. My fuse was blown and I never knew what I was missing!

I replaced the fuse and next thing I knew it was all automatic.

I guess the on off button is somewhat worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by svtjoe View Post
    Yes it is auto. My fuse was blown and I never knew what I was missing!

I replaced the fuse and next thing I knew it was all automatic.

I guess the on off button is somewhat worthless.
    The on/off button is in addition to the auto. I guess if you wanted to pump before it got to the auto level you could.
    I think the auto is on even when the battery cut off is turned off. I have to double check. That is so it pumps out wake/rain/leaks when you have the boat parked in the water for a period of time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information