Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chicago Area - Anyone??

Looking for pals to ride with in the chicago area. I am new here from Florida and dont really know where to ride. I tried Chain O Lakes 1 time, but I heard it is now all no wake (which is BS). Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Erikfar View Post
    Looking for pals to ride with in the chicago area. I am new here from Florida and dont really know where to ride. I tried Chain O Lakes 1 time, but I heard it is now all no wake (which is BS). Any suggestions??
    Sure look up Mrs&Ms. Snoman, suck my wake, suck my wakes wife, DHoad, BSmith, chuck, Muddy River, mbtd, Icerat 4, speedfreak_39A, Danny, Icerat 4 and Juan! I live 5 minutes from the Mississppi River about 2 hours away!
    Last edited by Muddy River; 06-24-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: forgot Icerat4

+1
    we mostly ride the Illinios River in Morris Illinios..It is about the only one open right now.Wilmington and Kankakee are open too from what i have heard But Wilmingtons dock sucks it will beat the shit out of your ski and there is no shore to beach your ski on..Kankakee is kinda small riding area..Morris is 17 miles lock to lock with sandy beaches and a couple of bar/resturaunts if needing food or drink..The name of the park in Morris is the William G Stratton park

The fox river and chain will open next week..Here is a link to see how things are going up by us .http://www.foxwaterway.state.il.us/ i am always out on the lower fox river....The other ride places mentioned above are also very nice areas...

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    The fox river and chain will open next week..Here is a link to see how things are going up by us .http://www.foxwaterway.state.il.us/ i am always out on the lower fox river....The other ride places mentioned above are also very nice areas...
    Where do you guys launch at? Never been at the lower river or anywhere south of the upper chain (fox lake, mchenry, etc).

Wou'dnt mind seeing fresh faces, especially yours Icerat

I'm in the chicago area, but ski-less atm haha

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Sure look up Mrs&Ms. Snoman, suck my wake, suck my wakes wife, DHoad, BSmith, chuck, Muddy River, mbtd, Icerat 4, speedfreak_39A, Danny, Icerat 4 and Juan! I live 5 minutes from the Mississppi River about 2 hours away!

Hey Muddy dont you mean Mr and Mrs.Snoman???hahahahahahahahaha

I usually ride the lower Fox.... it is closed right now but as Icerat mentioned it should be open by next week as long as we dont get any signifigant rain. I launch in Algonquin at the Boat House marina which is on the east side of the River across from Port Edwards. I ride just about every Sunday with a few friends..... typically meeting up with Icerat and BMSmith (who lives on the river).

I will be heading down to Marseilles to ride the Illinois river today.... will be heading out there with a couple of friends with boats as well as another couple people with skis...... maybe I will bump into the snow people today

Scott/Missy.... if you guys are riding the Illinois today give me a call at 630 235-1869 and we can hook up out there.... I had Scott's number from Muddy's ride last year but got a new phone and no longer have the number.

Quote Originally Posted by YamahaPat View Post
    Where do you guys launch at? Never been at the lower river or anywhere south of the upper chain (fox lake, mchenry, etc).

Wou'dnt mind seeing fresh faces, especially yours Icerat

we launch at kiefs reefs...its at the rt 176 bridge over the fox river..come on down ....

We ride the kankakee alot down in momence and aroma park, also the fox in batavia... and sometimes travel out to the rock river and lake michigan... but this year I want to try some new places like the IL river ect..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information