Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Erikfar Erikfar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    21

    Chicago Area - Anyone??

    Looking for pals to ride with in the chicago area. I am new here from Florida and dont really know where to ride. I tried Chain O Lakes 1 time, but I heard it is now all no wake (which is BS). Any suggestions??


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikfar View Post
    Looking for pals to ride with in the chicago area. I am new here from Florida and dont really know where to ride. I tried Chain O Lakes 1 time, but I heard it is now all no wake (which is BS). Any suggestions??
    Sure look up Mrs&Ms. Snoman, suck my wake, suck my wakes wife, DHoad, BSmith, chuck, Muddy River, mbtd, Icerat 4, speedfreak_39A, Danny, Icerat 4 and Juan! I live 5 minutes from the Mississppi River about 2 hours away!
    Last edited by Muddy River; 06-24-2009 at 08:10 PM. Reason: forgot Icerat4

  3. #3
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    we mostly ride the Illinios River in Morris Illinios..It is about the only one open right now.Wilmington and Kankakee are open too from what i have heard But Wilmingtons dock sucks it will beat the shit out of your ski and there is no shore to beach your ski on..Kankakee is kinda small riding area..Morris is 17 miles lock to lock with sandy beaches and a couple of bar/resturaunts if needing food or drink..The name of the park in Morris is the William G Stratton park

  4. #4
    I AM A VERMIN icerat4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CRYSTAL LAKE IL
    Posts
    5,098
    The fox river and chain will open next week..Here is a link to see how things are going up by us .http://www.foxwaterway.state.il.us/ i am always out on the lower fox river....The other ride places mentioned above are also very nice areas...

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lindenhurst, IL
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    The fox river and chain will open next week..Here is a link to see how things are going up by us .http://www.foxwaterway.state.il.us/ i am always out on the lower fox river....The other ride places mentioned above are also very nice areas...
    Where do you guys launch at? Never been at the lower river or anywhere south of the upper chain (fox lake, mchenry, etc).

    Wou'dnt mind seeing fresh faces, especially yours Icerat

  6. #6
    The Other White Meaty Beefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago/Dubuque
    Posts
    70
    I'm in the chicago area, but ski-less atm haha

  7. #7
    Mrs.Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Shorewood,IL
    Posts
    3,797
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Sure look up Mrs&Ms. Snoman, suck my wake, suck my wakes wife, DHoad, BSmith, chuck, Muddy River, mbtd, Icerat 4, speedfreak_39A, Danny, Icerat 4 and Juan! I live 5 minutes from the Mississppi River about 2 hours away!



    Hey Muddy dont you mean Mr and Mrs.Snoman???hahahahahahahahaha

  8. #8
    MVR 155's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bartlett, Illinois
    Posts
    228
    I usually ride the lower Fox.... it is closed right now but as Icerat mentioned it should be open by next week as long as we dont get any signifigant rain. I launch in Algonquin at the Boat House marina which is on the east side of the River across from Port Edwards. I ride just about every Sunday with a few friends..... typically meeting up with Icerat and BMSmith (who lives on the river).

    I will be heading down to Marseilles to ride the Illinois river today.... will be heading out there with a couple of friends with boats as well as another couple people with skis...... maybe I will bump into the snow people today


    Scott/Missy.... if you guys are riding the Illinois today give me a call at 630 235-1869 and we can hook up out there.... I had Scott's number from Muddy's ride last year but got a new phone and no longer have the number.

  9. #9
    I AM A VERMIN icerat4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CRYSTAL LAKE IL
    Posts
    5,098
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaPat View Post
    Where do you guys launch at? Never been at the lower river or anywhere south of the upper chain (fox lake, mchenry, etc).

    Wou'dnt mind seeing fresh faces, especially yours Icerat



    we launch at kiefs reefs...its at the rt 176 bridge over the fox river..come on down ....

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Downers Grove & Momence, IL
    Posts
    194
    We ride the kankakee alot down in momence and aroma park, also the fox in batavia... and sometimes travel out to the rock river and lake michigan... but this year I want to try some new places like the IL river ect..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 02:15 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 09:04 PM
  4. 2008 Yamaha SHO - 20 Hours - Riva Stage 1 - Chicago Area
    By dochere195 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
  5. Chicago area. You looking for work?
    By 06Busa in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 09:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •