Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

premix question help please

what should the ratio be for a stock xlt 1200 01. and all to do is to pull the oil pump off and cap it and the oil lines on the carbs am i right

why do you want to remove injection pump for? on stock carbs you have to rejet first before you go premix, the stock carb setting are lean from factory, I dont think if you go pemix with the factory carb settings the motor will get enough oil, If you have a good injection pump, cable and good secure oil lines on a stock ski stay with injection with Yamalube oil, the main problem on these skis are carbs, bad gas and not using the correct oil, you should premix 32-1 to 40-1 if you have correct carb setting on a PV motor,

Visit cajundude.com and click on the Jet ski page. Here you will find detailed instructions on this oil pump block off kit. I have never heard of having to change the jets when doing the block off. I haven't done it on mine...

Question

Quote Originally Posted by paulie1959 View Post
    why do you want to remove injection pump for? on stock carbs you have to rejet first before you go premix, the stock carb setting are lean from factory, I dont think if you go pemix with the factory carb settings the motor will get enough oil, If you have a good injection pump, cable and good secure oil lines on a stock ski stay with injection with Yamalube oil, the main problem on these skis are carbs, bad gas and not using the correct oil, you should premix 32-1 to 40-1 if you have correct carb setting on a PV motor,
    I'm wanting to go premix on my GP1200. Does everyone agree the carbs need rejetted for the engine to run right? Member "GP 1200 R" said he didn't have to rejet the carbs.

Unless you are taking the Accel pump off and/or putting aftermarket F/A's on, I do not think there is any need to re-jet.

+1
    40:1 is fine

somebody should start a poll about seizing a Power valve motor with stock jetting, premix and seizing a PV motor using injection pump. Ive seized twice using stock jetting premixing both times within 20hr and not at WOT, at 1/4 throttle, and one top end bearing failure using stock jetting, oil injection at 1/2 throttle in 2ft seas pump unhooking with 185hr, I'm running premix now (I'm not using stock jetting) because I have pump cable issues, I saw my pump cable was frayed so I just unbolted pump, wire tied pump to the tank strap, put a home made plate on, hooked my tiny tack up and set my HS adj. and went with premix at 32-1, as soon as I get a cable and the time (probably this winter) I'm going back to the oil pump, I use the oil pump plus I put 1/2oz to the gal. premix, I'm not an expert but I wood like to see a pole about seizing and what setup, hours and RPM were being used.
    Last edited by paulie1959; 06-28-2009 at 06:59 PM.

thanks guys for the help put the block off on it didn't do anything with the carbs mixed it 32;1 the first tank because of new motor and 40;1 the next tank carbs were fine no jetting no nothing. and the reason for taking it off on a atock ski is beacause done lost to oil line in a year and a half tired of building motors thanks

I think we need the guru Osidebill to come in here, and give his thoughts. I think he will give the best answer by far as its what he does alot.

After going to premix, i'm getting a low oil warning light since i have drained the oil tank. anyone know how to wire up the oil quanity float to make the computer think the oil level is ok?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information