Thread: More Newb Questions
07-23-2006, 10:55 AM #1
More Newb Questions
1. Removing the rooster tail, do I remove the hose to presure wash the tunnel or re-route it straight out the back?
2. Ride plate, no one has the R&D plate. Is there a second best? (pro-tec?)
Break-in is behind me now thime to get baseline info. Coming from Doos I love the ride of the GPR in all conditions but I hate the cavitation and need some more hookup. I've got a R&D 1200 grate and PPK on there way. Will this do it?
07-23-2006, 11:04 AM #2
3. Can I adjust the throtle lever down? I reach up with finger adding to fatigue.
Pics (I'll be changing the reg. numbers when my vinyl guy gets back from Pocono)
I should have goten base #s before removing some stickers cause I think it will add 2MPH.
07-23-2006, 11:24 AM #3
1. Leave the hose for the rooster in place, and install a small check valve so you can turn it on and off!
2. Try to get a plate from Jim. I dont have his contact info right off hand. Actually Ive got an old Riva 1200 plate I will sell you, its in perfect condition.
3. Pay very close attention to the post for your handling issues, there is some very good information floating around on these forums about cavitation. Get a dyna fly prop too! Yes you can adjust the lever, at least i did on my 1200.
07-24-2006, 11:02 AM #4
Bronco is right on about the rideplate and the dynafly. Personally, I hate the rooster tail. I loosened and removed the upper hose clamp, folded the hose over, and put the hose clamp over the folded hose and tightened it. Voila, no more rooster tail.
07-25-2006, 11:11 AM #5
rooster tail- i took the hose off and filled the nipple it connects to with silicone.
throttle lever- open the throttle and look around the front, you will see 2 phillips head screws, lossen them and then spin it to your desired area.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By christian79 in forum Polaris Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
By 2006 RXT in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
By Mark-UK in forum Polaris How To & FAQsReplies: 11Last Post: 10-01-2006, 04:16 AM
By darrel in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 07-07-2006, 10:42 AM
By chip in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 02-25-2006, 08:00 PM