RXP General Questions for an interested buyer!

So first off I am pretty new to the seadoo world and am currently in search of a RXP. I have been doing quite a bit of reading and notice that a lot of them have issues with the supercharger due to running the stock ceramic washers which should immedietly be uppgraded to metal. I was just curious what are some thing that you guys would look for when in search of a used RXP. I want to make sure the Supercharger is running properly so what rpms should it be shifting at to be running properly and what might show me the supercharger may currently be blown.

The one I am looking at now is a 2005 with 23 original hours on it and he says there have been no modifications done. So could there be issuses with the SC from running it for 23 hours without the metal? Any advice for someone new in the market for a rxp is greatly appreciated! Also anything esle I should look for when testing out and going to look at this seadoo would be very helpful!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    First of all... welcome to the forum! Wow... an 05 with 23 hours I clocked that in the first two weekends on my 05 RXP. The only thing there that I would be concerned about is the storage procedure of the ski over the past 4.5 seasons with that little usage If the ski is turning 7800+ Rpm the ceramic washers are still good... but yes... get them replaced asap!!! Actually... I would recommend having the charger rebuilt with the updated 08 kit. I have seen people get near 200 hrs. on ceramics without issues... personally I rode mine a hard 78 hrs. on ceramics before I replaced them... without issues. Best of luck in your hunt for a ski... looks like your on the right track! If you have never been on an RXP... your in for quite a pleasant surprise

rxp

Change the washers out bought my 05 with 42 hrs at 48 the washers went out. Love the ski even with a couple little issues.

Thread Information