Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need Help with X-Charger setup on 04 215

Can I get the low down on what to and what not to do.

My signature spells out all the goodies I have, replaced the C5 because my clutch was having issues.

Anyway, I can't do the LM / LC-1 so no AF which some feel is needed while others don't.

Trying to get a boost gage at a minimum, which I know doesn't tell the AF story.

So, do you plug the oil hole or don't you? Do you swap washers or not? What about the stock Belleville washers?

Does anyone have a good description of how to setup the RRFPR and should I be reading 70 psi at WOT, what about midrange presure? How do people with AF readout adjust the RUDE RRFPR?

Thanks,

Eric

+1
    ???

Set the rrfpr to 60 psi, put in the stock injectors & you will be good. 42's may be too much. That's what i ran in mine with x charger. I put in 42's when i went to riva x charger wheel. With my new set up my afr is 11.7. I am, however, at 2200'.

+1
    People are running the R&D c5 with an RRFPR and 42 a bit rich (equiv to an x) a bit rich but safe. Having issues determining how the RRFPR is supposed to be setup. I wasn't seeing 60 psi while running, only hit 58

Put key on (don't start)watch the gauge, adjust regulator to 60psi

Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    So, do you plug the oil hole or don't you? Do you swap washers or not? What about the stock Belleville washers?
    Thanks,
    Eric
    The stock x metal washers have had some failures, best bet is to get the riva washers at some point. The stock belleville washers are fine until you start having to mix and match to get your slippage to 144 in lbs or so. I did not plug the hole and I have no blow by into my intake, others have had. I think I would not plug it and watch what happens.
    Replacement spring washers are available here:
    http://www.mcmaster.com/#96475k278/=2h559y
    They are a few thousandths thicker so you mix and match with stock washers to get the correct slippage. Jerry also has shims to help with that but you have a ways to go before needing them.

+1
    Thanks Larry, I hava week to get the thing together. Hopefully all works well with this X.

Sportster - on the RRFPR, that much I was able to figure out. Did your's then go to 70psi under full boost or did you have to adjust it? That's the part I'm trying to figure out. I was only getting 58 psi under full booost (what ever that was when my SC clutch was slipping and only turning 7700).

+1
    The X blows more than the C5 it has a larger diameter wheel inside. Im running a X charger with XS cooler and i need the 42s and rrfpr for sure. Mine is running 72-3 psi at WOT. Im in the mid twelves when flat out. I am in uk which will make me leaner due to cooler temps and sea level. In my opinion you need to be monitoring AF when going to this state of tune. 4tecs are not cheap to repair. Not enough people have been running this setup to be able to just give a list off parts and settings and know that it is safe. R88

+1
    Understood.

However, the C5 uses the X- front housing and spacer, R&D told me they are essentially the same.

Anyway, I'm running the stock ECU and will be monitoring what I've got for now. Trying to figure out why an RRFPR would not build pressure if I have a 60spi baseline?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner View Post
    Understood.

However, the C5 uses the X- front housing and spacer, R&D told me they are essentially the same.

Anyway, I'm running the stock ECU and will be monitoring what I've got for now. Trying to figure out why an RRFPR would not build pressure if I have a 60spi baseline?
    Is the boost reference clogged or anything like that ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information