Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar

Exclamation 2009 SHO Cruiser DEAD at 25 hrs!

The dealer is telling me its the fuel pump. I mentioned the throttle cables might be out of adjustment. They are still guessing. Any other insight to any other issues from other members? I always run reputable fuel and keep the best care. Not going to say I baby this ski at all!

The symptoms were a no start after multiple crankings. Left me stranded and floating on Lake Lanier last Sunday and cost me a viscious sunburn, $200 tow to the dock and the desire to kick a blunt heavy object!!

Thanks!

+1
    You might ask a moderator to move this to the 4-stroke section.

This is the first I've heard of a fuel pump failure. Couple other issues here and there, but so far, the SHO platform has been extremely reliable. Keep us updated on what the dealer turns up.
    Last edited by hitman; 06-25-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You might ask a moderator to move this to the 4-stroke section.

This is the first I've heard of a fuel pump failure. Couple other issues here and there, but so far, the SHO platform has been extremely reliable. Keeps us updated on what the dealer turns up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about where to post and limiting this to just the 4-strokes I figured I would be limiting the exposure to only the later models. If indeed the problem is the fuel pump, I am hoping that I am not finding something so unique that no one has ever heard of Yamaha pumps failing so soon.

If the pump is the problem, I am sure I can find a Walbro 155 lph or higher as a simple replacement for my future mods.

Probably something simple that warranty will cover of course. I am sure some will love that title.

Oh, and I think Walbros are what aftermarket (RD) are seling...

dupe

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Probably something simple that warranty will cover of course. I am sure some will love that title.

Oh, and I think Walbros are what aftermarket (RD) are seling...
    Yeah, I have seen their website. My brother has a very reputable tuner shop in Alpharetta, Ga. I have a basket full of the STi Pink injectors I saw on the R&D website. They ae a stock Subie injector for the STi and one of the first things to go when we do an upgrade. Works out great for me!

I will keep everyone posted on the fuel issue. If the dealer cannot have it fixed by tomorrow... I will go pick it up, adjust my cable and buy a Walbro 255 lph pump they sell at Walmart for $59 bucks so I can be on the water this weekend. My free 5-year extended service contract is worthless if the dealer cannot correctly diagnose my problem after looking at it for two days!

Has anyone used Nitrous on a SHO yet?

Can you ring yamaha customer service and let them know your problem,I had a problem with my ski and no one could work it out yamaha A.U.S was great,

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    Yeah, I have seen their website. My brother has a very reputable tuner shop in Alpharetta, Ga. I have a basket full of the STi Pink injectors I saw on the R&D website. They ae a stock Subie injector for the STi and one of the first things to go when we do an upgrade. Works out great for me!

I will keep everyone posted on the fuel issue. If the dealer cannot have it fixed by tomorrow... I will go pick it up, adjust my cable and buy a Walbro 255 lph pump they sell at Walmart for $59 bucks so I can be on the water this weekend. My free 5-year extended service contract is worthless if the dealer cannot correctly diagnose my problem after looking at it for two days!

Has anyone used Nitrous on a SHO yet?

I have 2 sets of the STI injectors as well (same thing as R&D) You will need a spacer (3) between the fuel rail and intake manifold. How are you going to manage the injectors? (It's not plug'nPlay with the stock ECU.)

No one (to my knowledge) has done nitrous yet because there has been no driver for it. You will of course need an aftermarket ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I have 2 sets of the STI injectors as well (same thing as R&D) You will need a spacer (3) between the fuel rail and intake manifold. How are you going to manage the injectors? (It's not plug'nPlay with the stock ECU.)

No one (to my knowledge) has done nitrous yet because there has been no driver for it. You will of course need an aftermarket ECU.
    Several different ways to control the injectors. APexi S-AFC or any one of the aftermarket ECUs like the MoTec. I have my name on one coming from Aussie.

Nitrous would be easy as well. The Progressive controller will handle the duties based on boost, rpm and remote trigger. I think a big wheel and a bottle back under the rear seat bucket.

Heck... right now I just want mine to RUN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    Several different ways to control the injectors. APexi S-AFC or any one of the aftermarket ECUs like the MoTec. I have my name on one coming from Aussie.

Nitrous would be easy as well. The Progressive controller will handle the duties based on boost, rpm and remote trigger. I think a big wheel and a bottle back under the rear seat bucket.

Heck... right now I just want mine to RUN!!!

Already have a M400, let me know how the pinks work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information