Thread: waranty broke

+1

waranty broke

H there i would like to know if my waranty breaks if i use an aftermarket impeller

+1
    That is something you'll have to ask the dealership who would do the warranty work if something went wrong. Certain dealerships allow a level of modification before they decide not to honor the warranty.

+1
    So changing the charger voids the warranty, how about using an external IC like the XS?

It can be taken to an extreme. What happens if you change plugs (that the dealer sells)? Or motor oil, grate, or anything else? You want to keep your dealer happy, but there are also dealers on the internet that will help you if you local dealer won't. PPG helped me with a pump problem when the local dealer wouldn't: PPG made money and the local dealer didn't, and I did the labor. When are they going to learn that it's better to process a warrany claim than try to screw you?... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpsalonika View Post
    H there i would like to know if my waranty breaks if i use an aftermarket impeller
    WTH??? are Seadoo's warranties breaking now too????

If you're going to put a few aftermarket performance parts on your ski save the factory parts. If you have a warranty or more important an insurance problem, put the factory part back on before making your claim. That way you can keep your coverage without any B.S. But if you've added a lot of mods this idea may be impractical.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    So changing the charger voids the warranty, how about using an external IC like the XS?
    You could do every mod imaginable, less the Riva ECU, and still have a warranty. Or you could put a pump wedge in and it'll void it. It depends on the dealership you go to for servicing. Worst case scenario you will have to put the ski back to stock before getting work done.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    You could do every mod imaginable, less the Riva ECU, and still have a warranty. Or you could put a pump wedge in and it'll void it. It depends on the dealership you go to for servicing. Worst case scenario you will have to put the ski back to stock before getting work done.
    +1 some dealers are A holes, yet I found one that want's my business now plus just maybe I will be a future customer on my next jet ski purchase. They have done tons of warranty work for me, and I am modded fairly heavily, kind of had to hide the XS Intercooler sitting there, yet not a word when I trashed my S/C, not a word when I trashed my pump shoe, not a word when I trashed my carbon seal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    +1 some dealers are A holes, yet I found one that want's my business now plus just maybe I will be a future customer on my next jet ski purchase. They have done tons of warranty work for me, and I am modded fairly heavily, kind of had to hide the XS Intercooler sitting there, yet not a word when I trashed my S/C, not a word when I trashed my pump shoe, not a word when I trashed my carbon seal.

Who's your dealer?

Thread Information