Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

780 black guard rails??

I just got done painting the hull of my 780 black. now im trying to figure out what to do with my purple bumper rails. Do they make black ones? can i just paint them with vinyl paint or maybe truck bed coating? any ideas?

Whats up Rusty?!?!?!

I have had great luck with Krylon FUSION Plastic paint, then the Fusion Clearcoat. Works great for the plastics and with the clear holds up/protects real nice, I am about to do my rails black as well. Hope that helps!!!

Check it out...
    http://www.krylon.com/products/fusion_for_plastic/

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Pics Rusty, Please

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    Pics Rusty, Please
    I agree, let's see that HULL!!!!

haha you dont want to see it just yet! not done with the hood yet (gonna be kandy metalic green!) and the purple rails and faded purp seat dont really compliment the satin black too well haha. right now the hull is a satin metalic black but im almost considering doing a gloss clear or maybe even a flat black. satin is crazy hard to spray and if its not done just right (like mine) it can have little streaks. when its all done though its going to be black and candy green 2 tone and then i might throw a couple monster energy graphics and polaris logos on it.

What do you guys think about a flat black on the top part of the hull? i think it might look pretty sick. Im gonna stick with the satin until i get all the trim and the hood done and see how it looks.

I actually sprayed some fusion on the bumpers this morning but the gloss makes them look funny. im probably just going to spray some flat clear over them next and see how that looks

just wondering what type of paint you used for your hull and what kind of prep you had to do? I have the same pwc and it is not so pretty thinking about refinishing it but not too sure what type of paints to use and how to go about preping the surface and all the knicks and dings,

thanks

Prep is the hardest/ most important part. Taking all the stickers and glue off is the worst part. then take a scotch brite pad or 600-800 grit sand paper and with soapy water thoroughly scrub down the entire painting surface. you can use bondo to fill in any dings and nicks then sand smooth. hose off all the soapy water, dry it, then mask of everything very carefully. last wipe it down with a rag and acetone and you are ready to paint. i probably have somewhere around 5-6 hours in the prep work so be prepared to put some time in. A friend, radio, and some ice cold cheerwine helps alot though. as for the paint im using duplicolor paintshop which is a ready to spray automotive paint that you can get at advanced for about 20 bucks a quart. Im not painting the bottom of the hull though. if you are going to do the bottom you might want to use something else and/or finish it off with some kind of gelcoat or something.

I actually sprayed some fusion on the bumpers this morning but the gloss makes them look funny. im probably just going to spray some flat clear over them next and see how that looks...
    I do not like the glossy Fusion, prefer the satin colors, much nicer finish. Good luck Rusty, can't wait to check it out!!!!

hey so what do other people use to do the hull?? also if you didnt paint the hull does that mean that your hull is still teal like mine and the upper is black??/ can you send me some pics of that you have done?

my hull is white. I will post pics when its all done. I just sprayed all the bumpers, nosecap, and gas cap with rubberized undercoating. looks pretty good. it has a little texture and seems like its gonna be really tough

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information