Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Looking for mechanic in Iowa/Illinois/Midwest area

Hello everyone...I have a 94 SL650 that I traded an Xbox 360 and a computer for a few weeks ago. It's in good shape and it runs, but I can tell already that the carburetors will likely need to be cleaned/rebuilt.

I am no mechanic...you need a computer or web site fixed up, I am your man. Change a spark plug? Not so much.

Anyone know of someone who can go through my ski and tune it up and rebuild the carbs (if needed) or at the very least give it a stamp of approval?

I have spent many hours reading threads in this forum along with calls to every marina and boat shop I could find, and I am having a surprising amount of difficulty.

I am willing to make a weekend out of it if I have to drive 10 hours I don't care, I just want to feel comfortable.

I intend to buy an SLT750 or Virage at some point, but want to make sure this is a hobby/sport I actually will get into.

Help? Please?

Thanks

Jason Cross
    Davenport, IA

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Jason, You might be in LUCK. I'm in Center Point,Ia. Just over a hour from you. PM me your ph#,and we'll see about having you come down. We can go over it,and take it out for a spin about 5 miles from my place. No need in throwing money to someone that doesn't have a clue,you have all the support you need here.Also check out the thread on the Polaris get together in Aug.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79802

very cool...in fact I am planning on going to the get together. I have already nailed down all teh details except, ahem, wifey approval.

I will pm you here shortly.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tenjuna View Post
    very cool...in fact I am planning on going to the get together. I have already nailed down all teh details except, ahem, wifey approval
    Tell her you're going out to get some beer and you'll be right back.

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Jason, You might be in LUCK. I'm in Center Point,Ia. Just over a hour from you. PM me your ph#,and we'll see about having you come down. We can go over it,and take it out for a spin about 5 miles from my place. No need in throwing money to someone that doesn't have a clue,you have all the support you need here.Also check out the thread on the Polaris get together in Aug.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79802
    Now that service! Jason, welcome to the forum! You live about 45 minutes from me!

I actually LOLed on that one...more than likely she won't want to come, and a weekend away from town/wife/kids with a camper, jetski and a 12 pack does not sound all that shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Now that service! Jason, welcome to the forum! You live about 45 minutes from me!
    awesome...I can already tell I am going to like it here. it's nice to find a site where everyone actually helps others out.

looking forward to the get together now.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    I actually had a boss along time ago that said that, and was gone to Myrtle Beach for 3 days. Needless to say he didn't remain married very long.

Quote Originally Posted by tenjuna View Post
    awesome...I can already tell I am going to like it here. it's nice to find a site where everyone actually helps others out.

looking forward to the get together now.
    I ride in pool 13! Fulton, Clinton, Camanche, Albany, Princeton, LeClaire! Guys from Chicago area come down and ride with me here too!

heh I go to Princeton beach all the time.

since I got the polaris I have been hanging out down at Buffalo Shores and Andalusia Slough with the camper.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information