Help with a Carb Rebuild?

I have a 1996 Polaris SLT750 and I need to rebuild the carb. Looks like an easy fix, but I haven't done this yet. Does anyone have any tips or pics of rebuilding the carb? I heard that I would need to replace the needles...

I did a top end rebuild on a 1994 yamaha, so I'm thinking the carb on my Polaris will be a cinch...

ALSO, I have a 1995 SLT700 that hesitates when I gas it from the start. I'm thinking that may just need a carb cleaning?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look here, which is part of this.

Polaris Fuji (blue) engine

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    getting the carbs off will not be the fun part..so do it right the first time around. I packed the area under the carbs with shop rags to keep stuff from dropping into the hull

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    getting the carbs off will not be the fun part..so do it right the first time around. I packed the area under the carbs with shop rags to keep stuff from dropping into the hull

The best way to do this is standing on the exhaust side of the ski and reaching over and going by feel. You can NOT see what you are doing at all. It's a PITA. Another tip, take out the 6 bolts or nuts on the bottom of the intake. No the intake does not have to come off. But you get the wrenches pinched in there and will get it trapped using a box end. Then take the 6 nuts off holding the carbs. Just remember put the 6 carb nuts on then the bolts back in. You want to use gear or ratchet wrenches if you got them. Have fun....lol

12 mm...Walk in the park...trust me ive done it 6 times now. Just dont drop the nuts

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

K447 did you put these link togeather? if so

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    ...did you put these links together?

If so
    Still very much a work in progress

If anyone has links or useful info they would like to see included, just let me know!

I want it to be particularly useful to those who are new to the Polaris PWC world. Still needs work in that regard. Page organization is haphazard, but should get better as the site matures.

Of course, much of the technical material listed is still very useful to those of us who know the info is around here somewhere, but just can't seem to pin it down.

As you click through the linked sections, you can see some areas have a lot more 'meat' than other sections.

But even the sections that have plenty of links and info, often still only reflect a fraction of the useful info that is posted around here.

If you know of posts or threads, even older ones, that you think would be useful to have linked, you know who to call

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    FOR THOSE NUT DROPPERS, AH, ER, UMMM, YEP, THATS WHAT i SAID.... yOU CAN BUY A TELE-SCOPING MAGNETFROM MOST HARDWARE/TOOL STORES.
    Damn caps. Anyways, it works great for getting those pesky lil' nuts back into your uhh, hands, yep.
    The one I use looks like a small antenae with about a 1/4 tip on it. Works good.
    Stubby ratchet wrenches work great on getting the carb nuts off.
    Not too much a pia in my opinion. Easily removed. Takes 15 minutes total once you've done it and know how.

Yo! That was an Awesome link! Thanks!

Still very much a work in progress

If anyone has links or useful info they would like to see included, just let me know!

I want it to be particularly useful to those who are new to the Polaris PWC world. Still needs work in that regard. Page organization is haphazard, but should get better as the site matures.

Of course, much of the technical material listed is still very useful to those of us who know the info is around here somewhere, but just can't seem to pin it down.

As you click through the linked sections, you can see some areas have a lot more 'meat' than other sections.

But even the sections that have plenty of links and info, often still only reflect a fraction of the useful info that is posted around here.

If you know of posts or threads, even older ones, that you think would be useful to have linked, you know who to call
    Thats the kinda thing that I was thinking of for new Polaris aka Fuji owners so when they get here some one slap this link at them then there off to learn all kinds of good stuff keep up the good work, fine job .. Cya Slick

Thread Information