Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    tiddy2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    52
    +1
    1

    Getting out of the hole...

    Went out last night on my 04 RXP with a few buddies

    We lined up 2000 GTX stock vs. my 04 RXP 14/19 and solas.. he smoked me out of the hole..

    Would an intake grate help this? I replaced the wear ring less than a month ago..

    Thanks for the help..


  2. #2
    2006 Turbo RXP boBO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    STATE OF KUWAIT
    Posts
    1,034
    What was your max RPM ???

  3. #3
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddy2005 View Post
    Went out last night on my 04 RXP with a few buddies

    We lined up 2000 GTX stock vs. my 04 RXP 14/19 and solas.. he smoked me out of the hole..

    Would an intake grate help this? I replaced the wear ring less than a month ago..

    Thanks for the help..
    have you to much prop down low?
    any boost leaks?
    is yous sc slip ok?...or washers?
    and wear-ring can be wasted in a flash if youve sucked sumthing through it.

    you should be killing him out the hole.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    any boost leaks?
    is your sc slip ok?...or washers?


    you should be killing him out the hole.
    +1, are you cavitating?

  5. #5
    tiddy2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    52
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    What was your max RPM ???
    7750-7800 maybe 7900 for a second.. water temp is pretty high though.. It has been 100 plus here the last few days

  6. #6
    tiddy2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olathe, KS
    Posts
    52
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba850r View Post
    have you to much prop down low?
    any boost leaks?
    is yous sc slip ok?...or washers?
    and wear-ring can be wasted in a flash if youve sucked sumthing through it.

    you should be killing him out the hole.
    I just replaced the wear ring less than a month ago.. I will check for boost leaks.. Would a boost gauge help me? I have pondered the idea but is it really worth it? Washers were just replaced.. didnt check slip though..

  7. #7
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tiddy2005 View Post
    I just replaced the wear ring less than a month ago.. I will check for boost leaks.. Would a boost gauge help me? I have pondered the idea but is it really worth it? Washers were just replaced.. didnt check slip though..

    we get a bung made up and put it over sc inlet hole with a tyre valve in middle and pressurise the system and see if there is any leaks.
    could be the slip out of tolerence.
    i would pull wearing also just to check.
    an old rxp i bought had sc washers done in uk by dealer two months before i bought.
    obv they used shitty oem washers as i put 17hrs on her and she was getting slower out the hole until i lost my top-end about 5500-600 was my lot.straight on trailer and sc pulled to find washers starting to decintegrate....i was lucky.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1996 wave venture 700 bogs out of the hole, then runs good, acts like not getting eno
    By billy webb in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2011, 03:06 PM
  2. prop spins out of the hole,help!
    By jamiej in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM
  3. HO took me out of the hole today...
    By Dicedrop25 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-05-2007, 04:30 PM
  4. Can't come out of the hole strong...
    By PWCManiac in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM
  5. 2000 GPR Spins out of the hole, help!!!
    By Soto in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2006, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •