Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I joined the club

I got tossed off the ski going WOT @ ~ 67 mph on the dream-o. The sequence of events is not clear at all in my mind, but I remember the ski making a hard left, and me getting tossed across the water like a rag doll. To top it off, I would have been sushi if my dad hadn't reacted and had hit me with the 26' boat ( I went by at WOT and had somehow ended up in the boat's path) . Its a good thing that the water was slightly choppy, but the impact was still so severe that it pulled the lanyard off of my wrist.

The culprit was a large clump of vegetation stuck in the intake grate. I am a lot younger than most guys here and can take a beating, but this was a pretty hard hit. I still have neck pains, and my ankle is bruised from hitting the foot well sill. It'll take some time before I'd want to go WOT on a ski again, and I am not a noob to this game. I've over 200 hours on GPRs

Everyone be careful out there, and think twice when pushing top end past stock speed. Also be more aware of other boaters. I should not have been going WOT in front of a boat, I am just glad that it was my dad behind the wheel and not some day dreaming drunk

+1
    wOw, dude, I am glad your ok and it was not worse. I know the feeling, it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by PuprleNuprleGPR View Post
    I got tossed off the ski going WOT @ ~ 67 mph on the dream-o. The sequence of events is not clear at all in my mind, but I remember the ski making a hard left, and me getting tossed across the water like a rag doll. To top it off, I would have been sushi if my dad hadn't reacted and had hit me with the 26' boat ( I went by at WOT and had somehow ended up in the boat's path) . Its a good thing that the water was slightly choppy, but the impact was still so severe that it pulled the lanyard off of my wrist.

The culprit was a large clump of vegetation stuck in the intake grate. I am a lot younger than most guys here and can take a beating, but this was a pretty hard hit. I still have neck pains, and my ankle is bruised from hitting the foot well sill. It'll take some time before I'd want to go WOT on a ski again, and I am not a noob to this game. I've over 200 hours on GPRs

Everyone be careful out there, and think twice when pushing top end past stock speed. Also be more aware of other boaters. I should not have been going WOT in front of a boat, I am just glad that it was my dad behind the wheel and not some day dreaming drunk
    Glad you're okay!
    See what us old guys go through

+1
    Getting tossed sucks no fun about it. Last year I got thrown forward after hitting a wave wrong and then the ski partially ran me over! Took about a week for the soreness to go away and a couple chiropractor appointments.

Welcome back!

Welcome to the "WOT Sudden impact club".

You will be all aches and pains for a few days for sure, but any headaches... get 'em checked.!

It's good to hear you are ok for sure.

The way forward is to now start to ride. Happy skiing.

+1
    btdt...72mph........like being in the washing machine on spin cycle. glad ur ok...better than being on a motorcycle.

Happened to me as well...I held on when it suddenly, out of nowhere..cut HARD right.

Last number I saw as I got tossed off was 52mph.

Skipped on my back a couple times, then my head caught a small wave, and I went feet-over-head. Ski was ~50 yards away.

Lost my glasses, hurt my neck...but in the end, I was face up, life jacket on. Got my wits about me, and swam to the ski.

It sucked.

Glad to hear you mad eit out, basically unscathed.

- Brian

+1
    Yep been there too! 72 mph on GPS on my XLT when it decided to take a sharp right and sent me left! Had some bruised/hairline cracked ribs and was sore for awhile. Glad you were ok!

Happened to me at 65. Friend next to me said I looked like a rag doll tumbling. Hope you feel better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information