Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RXP-X Prop

Question RXP-X Prop

I am wondering, for those of you that are running RXP-Xs with a bigger SC and stock ECU, what prop are you running and how have you bent it to get the RPMs down. I am running a Riva X charger upgrade with 4 air on a stock X ECU. It is over 100 degrees here and I am running a 15/22R with about 3 mm added to it and I am still running 8100+ RPMs with an 81 mm ring. I know as soon as it cools off a little I will be banging the limiter again. I starting to think ECU.

+1
    Wish I had your problems. What speeds are you seeing with the X-upgrade charger and do you have a boost guage?

although only new to this here are the results i have had so far with my p-x. With similiar mods to yours and the stock prop i went 70.3mph @8040rpm then with skat trak 14-18 three blade dropped to 67.4mph but all over the limiter. have not had a chance to bend the blades yet for retest as been slowed down with a broken foot. by the way trim was set at midway for best result with 1/3 tank of fuel and stock nozzle. Hope this gives you some ideas.

+1
    You might look into R&D's 14/24. It's made for the RXP-X and they claim it will improve on any out of the box prop by 1-2 mph. Skoepp is running their 13/23 on his RXT-X and loves it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by S2R View Post
    I am wondering, for those of you that are running RXP-Xs with a bigger SC and stock ECU, what prop are you running and how have you bent it to get the RPMs down. I am running a Riva X charger upgrade with 4 air on a stock X ECU. It is over 100 degrees here and I am running a 15/22R with about 3 mm added to it and I am still running 8100+ RPMs with an 81 mm ring. I know as soon as it cools off a little I will be banging the limiter again. I starting to think ECU.
    Bro, are you sure your bending that prop correctly? I've seen too many times where people are bending there props trying to add pitch and in the end all they are doing is bending there prop.

Mods are in my signature... with a Skat bent 15.5/22.5 solas 4 blade I went 75.5 with an 82 mm nozzle, 75 with an 83mm nozzle, and today in 80* weather went 74.5 with and 84.5 mm nozzle/ full tank of gas.

The earlier two nozzles/speeds the temp was very similar and the nozzle change from 82 to 83 didn't do much to RPMS. With the extra 10 degrees today and the 1.5mm nozzle increase I saw the same RPMS with less speed.

For better, more accurate details here is a thread I posted... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97252

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Wish I had your problems. What speeds are you seeing with the X-upgrade charger and do you have a boost guage?
    77.6 is my best but it will break 77 consistently. That is in literally 100+ degree temps with 84 deg water. I have a boost gauge but not hooked up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Bro, are you sure your bending that prop correctly? I've seen too many times where people are bending there props trying to add pitch and in the end all they are doing is bending there prop.
    It's bent right. Jerry actually did the first bend for me at MB and Water4fire showed me how after we got back. That is why it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDY View Post
    although only new to this here are the results i have had so far with my p-x. With similiar mods to yours and the stock prop i went 70.3mph @8040rpm then with skat trak 14-18 three blade dropped to 67.4mph but all over the limiter. have not had a chance to bend the blades yet for retest as been slowed down with a broken foot. by the way trim was set at midway for best result with 1/3 tank of fuel and stock nozzle. Hope this gives you some ideas.
    Mine ran 75+ in the heat with the stock prop and an 81 ring. The 15/22 really woke it up in acceleration and top speed. I gained 2 mph with it. With the stock SC impeller and prop I was running 75+ in the 75-80 deg weather. I have a pump wedge now and it is fastest with the trim 1 down from all the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by S2R View Post
    Mine ran 75+ in the heat with the stock prop and an 81 ring. The 15/22 really woke it up in acceleration and top speed. I gained 2 mph with it. With the stock SC impeller and prop I was running 75+ in the 75-80 deg weather. I have a pump wedge now and it is fastest with the trim 1 down from all the way up.
    81 is a smaller nozzle, for speed that is good but why don't you bend the prop taller and use a larger ring for better hole shot yet still the same speed?

As posted above my best speed was 75.5 with the 15.5/22.5 w/ 82 mm nozzle but I didn't like the lack of hole shot.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information