Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Recommended battery for 06 RXP?

What you speed freaks recommend? Sealed or acid? CCA?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    What you speed freaks recommend? Sealed or acid? CCA?

Sealed Riva battery off the online store, use code "greenhulk" for 10% off

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/

+1
    I purchased an Odyssey PC625 for my wife's 2006 RXP. Sealed Gel Cell battery.

I personally prefer a Gel sealed battery over a led acid.

Just to avoid confusion, or add some.

The Odyssey is not just a Gel battery. It's an AGM. Much, much better then a "Gel Cell".

Gel batteries were leak proof, but weak batteries. AGMs are very good batteries, more shock & heat resistant plus they hold their Voltage longer as they discharge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhigh View Post
    Just to avoid confusion, or add some.

The Odyssey is not just a Gel battery. It's an AGM. Much, much better then a "Gel Cell".

Gel batteries were leak proof, but weak batteries. AGMs are very good batteries, more shock & heat resistant plus they hold their Voltage longer as they discharge.
    Thanks for the clarification Tom

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Yes, get an AGM battery. I bought 2 of the BatteriesPlus brand for under $100 each that have been fine so far for a month if you need one right away on the cheap. PM me and I'll look to see what model I bought when I get home.

+1
    Odyssey-Hawker Pc625 from batterymart.com was $84.68, free shipping and a two year replacement warranty. They're in Winchester, Va. So far so good

OBJ

Hi Guys,

My 07's didn't really have the strong cranking that they did when new. So after doing some homework I decided to go with the ODYSSEY 925L and also with the Hella waterproof battery switch P/N 87181 to solve the slow drain Sea Doo issue. They came out excellent and the 925 cranking amps really jumps them off strong.

Since I'm no expert by any means I found the below article educational regarding the slight drain Sea Doo left us with. Seems real simple to solve with the battery key which stops that and also adds another small layer of additional security to start the engines. (see below). If I could figure out how to post I would post a picture of the set up. Advise welcome.

Take care,
    ScottyJ

07 RXT/RXP

Sea-Doo® personal watercrafts tend to transfer an electrical load to the battery while in storage. Be confident that your ODYSSEY® battery can handle it. However, if not properly maintained, you may not get the top performance from your ODYSSEY battery. Read on to ensure your ODYSSEY battery is at its best at all times.
    Issue – This brand of watercraft experiences an electrical load on the battery during storage, caused by a control module monitoring the lanyard socket. If the lanyard is left installed the electrical drain is 18 ma after 10 minutes of shutting down the engine. If the lanyard is removed, the electrical drain is 7 ma. These electrical loads are continuous and can accumulate to be significant over time. At 18 milli amps, the battery will lose 1 amp/hour of capacity in 55.5 hours or 10 amp/hours (Ah) in 23 days. On a PC 625, 10 Ah is 59% of battery capacity.
    Solution – for Sea Doo watercraft always disconnect the lanyard from its socket when not riding the watercraft. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery when the watercraft will not be used for 3 weeks or more. A simplified method of disconnect is to install Hella Products P/N 87181 waterproof battery switch. Check your ODYSSEY battery voltage periodically for full charge, which is 12.84V. Recharge whenever below 12.65V.
    Warranty - ODYSSEY batteries that are deeply discharged and not fully recharged or batteries that are stored with an electrical load applied with a resultant loss in delivered capacity are not covered by the
    Sea-Doo® personal watercrafts tend to transfer an electrical load to the battery while in storage. Be confident that your ODYSSEY® battery can handle it. However, if not properly maintained, you may not get the top performance from your ODYSSEY battery. Read on to ensure your ODYSSEY battery is at its best at all times.
    Issue – This brand of watercraft experiences an electrical load on the battery during storage, caused by a control module monitoring the lanyard socket. If the lanyard is left installed the electrical drain is 18 ma after 10 minutes of shutting down the engine. If the lanyard is removed, the electrical drain is 7 ma. These electrical loads are continuous and can accumulate to be significant over time. At 18 milli amps, the battery will lose 1 amp/hour of capacity in 55.5 hours or 10 amp/hours (Ah) in 23 days. On a PC 625, 10 Ah is 59% of battery capacity.
    Solution – for Sea Doo watercraft always disconnect the lanyard from its socket when not riding the watercraft. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery when the watercraft will not be used for 3 weeks or more. A simplified method of disconnect is to install Hella Products P/N 87181 waterproof battery switch. Check your ODYSSEY battery voltage periodically for full charge, which is 12.84V. Recharge whenever below 12.65V.
    Warranty - ODYSSEY batteries that are deeply discharged and not fully recharged or batteries that are stored with an electrical load applied with a resultant loss in delivered capacity are not covered by the

Lightweight battery option

i just googled lightweight battery and this is what i got.
    https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@...dc18ef26c3342f

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    i just googled lightweight battery and this is what i got.
    https://p10.secure.hostingprod.com/@...dc18ef26c3342f
    Very cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but $1700????????????WOW!

OBJ

Thread Information