Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

WTB Polaris MFD Virage 01-04 "Carbed" version

PM with what you have. need the MFI for this ski.

M

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    PM with what you have. need the MFD for this ski...
    The Virage uses an MFI, not an MFD.

Different physical size display, with different wiring on the 12-pin connector.

You can use any Polaris MFI on a Virage, but some MFI have the dial for reverse position, other MFI also have a compass. None of these will affect the operation of the engine, regardless of whether the display has the feature.

Here are all the Polaris MFI variations
    The MFI version with the most features is listed first, the least features listed last);

MFI 3280292 has the built-in Compass and Deutsch connector for Depth display, PERC electric reverse position indicator
    (1999-2001 Genesis Ficht, 1999-2000 Genesis carb'ed)

MFI 3280371 has Compass, PERC reverse display (depth connector missing?)
    (2002-2004 Genesis Ficht, 2001-2002 Genesis carb'ed))

MFI 3280370 has PERC reverse display (also has Deutsch depth connector)
    (2001 Virage TXi only?)

MFI 3280365 does not have Compass, Depth or PERC reverse display
    (2001-2004 Virage, 2002-2004 Virage i, 2001-2002 Virage TX, 2002 Virage TXi)

Note: The Genesis MFI versions have a different speedometer calibration than the Virage versions so the indicated speed will be different (incorrect) if you use one from the other hull type.
    Last edited by K447; 01-19-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Genesis and Virage displays have different speedometer calibrations

+1
    Thanks...he's got the last one...now just need to find one. It's acting up and causing some stranded moments LOL. The speedo says 70mph and the dash is not displaying properly. I downloaded the manual and checked every ground etc. Power is at the dash etc. It turns over without the laynard in...and stays on 24/7

m

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    ...causing some stranded moments LOL.

The speedo says 70mph and the dash is not displaying properly.

...It turns over without the laynard in...and stays on 24/7...
    The MFI has nothing to do with the lanyard.

Many Polaris models will crank without a lanyard, they just won't start up without the lanyard.

The clock will always be visible on any Polaris MFI or MFD digital display, even when the rest of the display is 'sleeping'.

You can tell an MFI was sleeping by the UNLOCKED message across the bottom of the display.

If you press any button, and the MFI 'wakes up' with a full sweep of the speedo dial, and lights up all segments of the LCD display. If that doesn't happen, it wasn't sleeping.

It is supposed to go to sleep after five minutes of no activity. No button presses, and no engine activity.

How to unplug the MFI and still allow the engine to crank, start, and run

More MFI information can be found here.
    Last edited by K447; 11-26-2013 at 04:04 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The MFI has nothing to do with the lanyard.

Many Polaris models will crank without a lanyard, they just won't start up without the lanyard.

The clock will always be visible on any Polaris digital display, even when the rest of the display is 'sleeping'.

You can tell an MFI was sleeping, if you press any button, and the MFI 'wakes up' with a full sweep of the speedo dial, and lights up all segments of the LCD display. If that doesn't happen, it wasn't sleeping.

It is supposed to go to sleep after five minutes of no activity. No button presses, and no engine activity.

How to unplug the MFI and still allow the engine to crank, start, and run

More MFI information can be found here.

got ya....it's certainly the MFI. It stays on completely....until the battery is dead. Now it's just funky text...and patial dispaly.

M

+1
    Hmmmm great thanks! He can at least ride the machine until we find a used MFI

Thanks again!
    M

+1
    mike, if keith says these will work, i have some here from genesis machines.

1 - from a 99 genesis ficht, and 2 from 00 genesis carbed. from what i can see, these three are the same.

250.00 + s&h. all in excell shape. you can see a pic of one ( lit up) at my site, in teh pol hull section.

send me an email if i can help you. zig

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john zigler View Post
    mike, if keith says these will work, i have some here from genesis machines.

1 - from a 99 genesis ficht, and 2 from 00 genesis carbed. from what i can see, these three are the same.

250.00 + s&h. all in excell shape. you can see a pic of one ( lit up) at my site, in teh pol hull section.

send me an email if i can help you. zig
    John,
    yes they will work they might just have more features like a depth finder and compass

Banned User
    +1
    I discovered today that there is a difference between the MFI used on the Genesis and the one used on the Virage. The speedometer calibration is different. Putting 30 PSI on the speedo fitting on the back shows about a 5 MPH difference in the displayed speed. This is even referenced in the Polaris manual. So putting a Genesis display in a Virage the speedo will read faster than the Virage display does.

So instant 5 mph gain on my Virage if I install a Genesis MFI? Sounds like the cheapest speed mod to date!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information