Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

controlling fuel

What are my options to help my rough idle on my ski with the 60's in it. I know about the rude controller but its not easy to find one for sale and i was thinking about just going back to the stock ecu and 50's again because of its smooth idle. What are your opinions?

+1
    AEM F/IC. I might even have a used one I'd let go...

shoot me a PM with a price and could you give me some guidance on hooking this thing up?

dduck my problem is im kinda stuck with the 60lb injectors due to the RR ecu im running so unless fuel can be taken away from idle im going to be blowing fuel out the exhaust. If i had 50's i would try that setup for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    dduck my problem is im kinda stuck with the 60lb injectors due to the RR ecu im running so unless fuel can be taken away from idle im going to be blowing fuel out the exhaust. If i had 50's i would try that setup for sure.
    The duel reg will allow you to take away fuel at idle by allowing you to start out with a low fuel pressure at idle lets say 30lbs (set with your existing reg) and it will rise at a rate you set to achieve the correct WOT pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    With the 08 Rotax ECU's and 60lb injectors I was adding fuel at idle, you might be running lean at idle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP6 View Post
    With the 08 Rotax ECU's and 60lb injectors I was adding fuel at idle, you might be running lean at idle.
    I would think that ecu would idle fine with 60s being that it is mapped for it. A slightly lean idle wont hurt anything. It would have to be real lean to idle rough.

+1

i found the same scenario as Frank when i tested this combo and had to add fuel with the 08 Rotax ecu 8800 rpm with 60# injectors at idle!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    i found the same scenario as Frank when i tested this combo and had to add fuel with the 08 Rotax ecu 8800 rpm with 60# injectors at idle!
    When you guys say lean are we talking 13s, 14s, or what? If its lean enough to run rough I would think it would be in the 15s. Just curious.
    If his issue is a case of being lean at idle he may want to do away with the boost line and run the reg without any rise. May help a little.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information