Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DEfinition of offshore

Sorry but what could be a pratical definition of offshore use of ultra?
    Time, weather condition, miles, hour of usage with no rest, wind and waves....

Maybe a lot of time man thinks about offshore they go out in the sea and not lake and they stay maximum one hour with no rest at 40 mph average.

Thanks

Pulled from www.pwcoffshore.com

PWC (Watercraft) Offshore Racing & Riding Defined

We hear the term offshore riding and racing used frequently yet many times offshore racing is mischaracterized. Allow us to define it: Offshore PWC Racing involves racing PWC offshore i.e., in the open ocean off the coast where the PWC racer encounters mother nature, her swells, sharks, kelp and cross chop at high rates of speed. True offshore racing does not involve riding in salt water behind a break wall there to offer protection from the elements. Offshore racing and riding involves big waves, chop, tanker wakes, possible fog and big ocean; this is truly offshore riding and racing. Offshore PWC racing attracts a very special breed of racer that has true endurance to race PWC in rough water for long distances. The offshore racer must be able to tolerate a great deal of pain. He/she must be able to endure the potential violence inflicted on the human body that only the open ocean can inflict on man/woman and PWC Machine at a high rate of speed. It usually involves long distances (at least 50 miles) and straight lines that involves some navigation skill.

Currently there is only one true offshore PWC race in the United States every year and that is the Long Beach to Catalina PWC Race. There is a major effort underway to orchestrate other offshore races such as the Dana Point to Avalon PWC Offshore Sprint scheduled for April 5, 2009. But those are it. Do you have what it takes?

Do not be confused, there is only one offshore PWC racing niche and it is just that - off shore in the open ocean between you, your machine and mother nature. Oh how we love it so!

For more information on watercraft / pwc racing go to www.pwcoffshore.com

+1
    dubz you forgot to mention to be truely offshore you need to fill your hull with salt water..........

+1
    The minute you define offshore, Mother Nature will throw you a loop.

Offshore, is offshore. Sorry, but any other definition by me, is just a pure guessing game.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    The minute you define offshore, Mother Nature will throw you a loop.

Offshore, is offshore. Sorry, but any other definition by me, is just a pure guessing game.
    inclined to agree for the most part, the difference needs to be made between protected waters and unprotected waters. Over in crazy land where I live we have the worlds biggest reef, so up off my coast the water is kinda small in chop >4ft, unless a storm is on, then watch all the crazy skiers and surfers come out, now thats fun. I have to drive 1100 miles to get to real unprotected waters. me 2 cents.

Danieletrono, the Adriatic is big time you are very lucky to live and ride there! RXP-X + Ultra and you got it made all the way around!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adriatic_Sea.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	138842  

offshore - anything not to deal with lakes, rivers, or any sort of enclosed water habitat that has swells, and big wakes.
    Other wise called the ocean lol or sea.
    As long as it isn't a lake or river and is flat wen i say flat i mean not oil flat or a little ripple.
    Lots of chop all day, everyday.

+1
    ...and I've been 2 miles offshore where it's been so smooth, that you could see yourself in a mirror of water for miles on end.

just saying IMO thats what i would call offshore k
    not saying it can't be smooth but still thats my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    ...and I've been 2 miles offshore where it's been so smooth, that you could see yourself in a mirror of water for miles on end.

Danieletrono, how long would it take to cross Adriatic, Brindisi to Albania or Pescare to Split? What kind of conditions? Ultra vs RXP-X, which one gets their first?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information