Thread: RXP-X Hull

RXP-X Hull

Hi,

Does anyone knows if seadoo sells the hull of an RXP-X as a spare part?

thanks,
    Pedro

The reason why I ask this, is because I have an acident while transporting my RXP-X, no arm done to the engine and related parts, but the exterior body of the RXP-X was damadge.

Yep, as far as I know, logically it is a spare/replacemant part.

Could be $$'s though.

Can you fix it at all, as I have seen some real class repair work done to skis?

The dealer told me that's the only part seadoo won't sell as a spare part. Are you sure they sell it separately?

thanks

I toaled my 2007 RXP last year and the reason was that SeaDoo doesn't sell the hull seperate. There's an old thread here somewhere where it shows how they build 'Doos at the factory. The bottom hull half is run down an assembly line and the parts and other stuff are put in and secured in it. The top half is then laid over that, and attached with adhesive. I think you're badly out of luck. Insurance?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pguerreiro View Post
    The reason why I ask this, is because I have an acident while transporting my RXP-X, no arm done to the engine and related parts, but the exterior body of the RXP-X was damadge.

How bads the damage? Where about you located. A friends of mine does some top notch fiberglass/gelcoat work.

Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    I toaled my 2007 RXP last year and the reason was that SeaDoo doesn't sell the hull seperate. There's an old thread here somewhere where it shows how they build 'Doos at the factory. The bottom hull half is run down an assembly line and the parts and other stuff are put in and secured in it. The top half is then laid over that, and attached with adhesive. I think you're badly out of luck. Insurance?
    I've got insurance, and it covers the accident. According to the contract and if its true that seadoo won't sell the exterior body as part, are you sure that it will be exactly as it was before the accident? I know the inside foam, is placed when the upper part and the lower are glued together at factory level... Besides that, do you think that the dealer could reconstruct the rxpx in a new body? I think it will be dificult... any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    How bads the damage? Where about you located. A friends of mine does some top notch fiberglass/gelcoat work.
    mostly the front of the rxpx was smashed against the wall... like 20/30cm deep.

+1
    Seadoo does not list the hulls on Bossweb. And they are the only part you cannot buy.

Thread Information