Napkins........ I Fly a Starship seajm's Avatar

Fed Ex broke it!!

Bought a 1200 non pv. Seller shipped Fed Ex ground motor was dropped and the pto coupler was shattered. Do you think there is any internal damage to the crank? Is there anyway to check without splitting the cases? This is a low hour short block. Motor was insured for the purchase price. If I file a claim do I lose the motor or does Fed Ex fix it? Any input would be appreciated.

+1
    I would think fedex would take the lesser of the two. Unless they dont consider fixing it. They may just pay for it in full. Although I would start gathering stuff up to prove that it broke. Pictures from the auction or sale prior to shipping, statement from seller, pictures now, etc. etc.

+1
    Make sure you do not get rid of any of the packing or the box it was in. Just leave it like you found it. You will have to have proof of the value and what it looked like before it was shipped. You might have it examined to see if the damage can be repaired and how much that would cost. they will either give you the repair costs or offer you a lowere than insured cost settlement and you keep the cases. They could offer full value or something close and they take the cases. Don't take the first offer have good documentation that it is worth more. All carriers usually try to lowball you first.
    Just my 2 cents.
    John

+1
    Oh yeah first off they will tell you it was improperly packed you need to have the original box and packing to prove otherwise. Did you see it was damaged before you signed for it. If so it usually is a slam dunk.
    Good luck

Napkins........ I Fly a Starship seajm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Oh yeah first off they will tell you it was improperly packed you need to have the original box and packing to prove otherwise. Did you see it was damaged before you signed for it. If so it usually is a slam dunk.
    Good luck
    I have the original packing and no, I didn't notice the damage until I cut the first part of the packing open. I noticed it immediately and photographed right there on the spot, then I completely removed and inspected.

+1
    well if the perosn who sold you the motor shipped the engine in a box, that was the first big mistake. But if you need a coupler to put on and spin the motor over in the meantime or decide to give up with fed ex, pm me your address and I will send one out free.

Thread Information