Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What's going on with the is boats

every day i look to see what's happening with the new flagship of the seadoo line and ......nuting. a little here and there...then they were gone.....?????

Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    ......nuting. a little here and there...then they were gone.....?????
    They where very Fast and......they were gone in 60 sec. .......On a serious note, most New owners are still in the testing stage. They have Bugs that every new PWC that comes out every year. regardless of what Brand they are. We are all Brothers here and we all stink in one part or the other. Is is still on the testing stage, so far the Shock (fox shock) blew on 1 of them. Thank God for the 5 year BRP warranty and 2 dozen donuts for the stealearship staff and mechanics, it was a less painful recovery of the Sea Doo iS unit ......from the stealearship

+1
    Mr. Jammer, is the hot weather on it's way? I see you've shaved your head. Wassssup?

OBJ

if your considdering buying one i would wait a year or two.
    wait till its proven and any bugs are worked out. all the little bells and whistles like the lifting seat/the suspension/the fold up storage at the back/ the pull ties/ even the reverse! is all new and could be flawed!
    remember the more moving parts on something the more problems it will give you and the is boats IMO wouldnt last me a season without something breaking lol + they are very heavy and have a very deep hull and they deserve more horse power then there lighter brothers lol + seadoo needs to knock that speed limiting gps chip and give the big ba$tards a chance lol

it's been weeks and no word on how things are going with the is boats top speed ....how they compare to the rxtx in performance....0 to 30 30 to 60 times...how are they to the ultra in the ocean.?????? it's like they all SANK and no one wants to talk about them........

Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    it's been weeks and no word on how things are going with the is boats top speed ....how they compare to the rxtx in performance....0 to 30 30 to 60 times...how are they to the ultra in the ocean.?????? it's like they all SANK and no one wants to talk about them........
    wait for a week. July 12, 2009. Aha, a forum member is racing his IS Doo on an Offshore race from Long Beach to Catalina Island and back to Long beach. Let's see what happens. I wish Aha all the luck and God speed. But most important, a safe return trip back home. I hope he can pull it off in his class

Quote Originally Posted by outboard john View Post
    Mr. Jammer, is the hot weather on it's way? I see you've shaved your head. Wassssup?

OBJ
    were in trouble Bro......My next paycheck is an I. O. U. from the governor of California S....O.....B....

what is up with this boat.....is it the red headed step child that we don't talk about????????

+1
    I never saw this thread until just now.

What would you like to know?

Here are some facts about the iS:

Mine does 68.7 MPH on my Garmin GPS. A friend of mine has the same ski and his does about the same.

3 RXT iS's raced in the LB2Cat. 1 of them made 10th place overall. I got 25th overall. It is not the ski's fault that I did not place higher its mine. The ski easily handled the ocean at WOT and I was consistently at 63-64 on the GPS in the open ocean. Unfortunately I had some blisters break open and this forced me to slow down. If a capable racer was on my iS there would have been more then 1 iS in the top 10.

I feel the RXT iS hooks up great in the ocean, matter of fact it takes a nice sized swell to get the boat to unhook. I do NOT feel it is better then an Ultra 260 for racing. The suspension does not react fast enough when your going 60+ in the open ocean. When Seadoo comes out with the solid top deck version of the iS with the S3 hull it should give the Ultra a run for its money.

The iS is faster on top end when compared to an Ultra 260 and with the mods available for the 4tec motor it should not be hard to get that ski going even faster.

I feel the Ultra is a great performance rec ski. Its exactly what I wanted and it works great for what it was designed for. Its an extremely dry ride which I like, during the LB2Cat race I did not get splashed in the face at all, even going WOT and with the trim all the way down.

Here is what I feel it comes down to. If you want a ski for racing then do not buy an iS. Go with an RXT-X/Ultra 260/SHO if your doing endurance racing. If you want a great all around ski that has amazing performance yet you can race with it for fun here and there then the iS is all you need.

Also if your the type of person like me who has beat their bodies up when they are younger and want something that is comfortable to ride then the iS is the best you can get. I sat the entire race LB2Cat and the entire time I was comfortable without ever getting that "jarring" feeling when hitting waves.

If you want any more info please go ahead and ask or PM me. If your in socal and want to take it for a spin just ask

Remember this, the iS models were a very limited production run and I know in socal you can no longer buy them, maybe somewhere else in the country but all the dealers in my area got 5 or less, most getting 1 of each iS model. When you have that few of ski's its going to be hard to get alot of feedback from them. Also I doubt many people are modding them just yet. Though I am waiting on Nils new mini rude so I can throw that in my iS

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    I never saw this thread until just now.

What would you like to know?

Here are some facts about the iS:

Mine does 68.7 MPH on my Garmin GPS. A friend of mine has the same ski and his does about the same.

3 RXT iS's raced in the LB2Cat. 1 of them made 10th place overall. I got 25th overall. It is not the ski's fault that I did not place higher its mine. The ski easily handled the ocean at WOT and I was consistently at 63-64 on the GPS in the open ocean. Unfortunately I had some blisters break open and this forced me to slow down. If a capable racer was on my iS there would have been more then 1 iS in the top 10.

I feel the RXT iS hooks up great in the ocean, matter of fact it takes a nice sized swell to get the boat to unhook. I do NOT feel it is better then an Ultra 260 for racing. The suspension does not react fast enough when your going 60+ in the open ocean. When Seadoo comes out with the solid top deck version of the iS with the S3 hull it should give the Ultra a run for its money.

The iS is faster on top end when compared to an Ultra 260 and with the mods available for the 4tec motor it should not be hard to get that ski going even faster.

I feel the Ultra is a great performance rec ski. Its exactly what I wanted and it works great for what it was designed for. Its an extremely dry ride which I like, during the LB2Cat race I did not get splashed in the face at all, even going WOT and with the trim all the way down.

Here is what I feel it comes down to. If you want a ski for racing then do not buy an iS. Go with an RXT-X/Ultra 260/SHO if your doing endurance racing. If you want a great all around ski that has amazing performance yet you can race with it for fun here and there then the iS is all you need.

Also if your the type of person like me who has beat their bodies up when they are younger and want something that is comfortable to ride then the iS is the best you can get. I sat the entire race LB2Cat and the entire time I was comfortable without ever getting that "jarring" feeling when hitting waves.

If you want any more info please go ahead and ask or PM me. If your in socal and want to take it for a spin just ask

Remember this, the iS models were a very limited production run and I know in socal you can no longer buy them, maybe somewhere else in the country but all the dealers in my area got 5 or less, most getting 1 of each iS model. When you have that few of ski's its going to be hard to get alot of feedback from them. Also I doubt many people are modding them just yet. Though I am waiting on Nils new mini rude so I can throw that in my iS
    Excellent reveiw aha, I have a feeling that your comment on a solid top deck version of this ski being the one to give the Ultra a run for its money is spot on!! Interesting that you sat the whole LB2Cat race though.

Cheers

Chris.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information