GP1200 Not Starting Need Help

I have 97 GP1200 that I just rebuilt the top end. The PWC started fine about 4 times. Than for some reason on the 5th time it started and tried to turn it off @ the switch the starter kept on running. No joke here only could turn it off by pulling the battery cable. The mulit-meter flashed voltage and it just kept of starting. So I narrowed it down to the 6 month old starter relay.If you disconnect the brown or gound wire it will stop turning you connect them backup off it goes. It even tried to start with the starter switch cable disconnected from the harness.

So I bought a new relay for it and put it in. Now nothing happens, battery is fully charged. I sent the old relay back for a replacement. So all the wires and conenctions look good tracing them down with manual.

The connections are good to the starter and the starter is brand new unit (not a reman) after I seen you have to remove the exhaust to get the starter I just decided to put a new one on to repalce a 11 year old unit.

I haven't yet jumped this relay, but I ran power right to the starter and it turns. Usually you hear a clicking at the relay even if the starter is bad.

I had another working stater switch I even put on becuase the one I had the green button that came off, but you could still start it with the old one by just pushing the black button in the casing.

My question is does the CDI control anything with starting the PWC? I know the starting switch wires run through the CDI or could the multi-meter be causing this? The meter will come on if I put pwoer right to it, other than that it doen't come on until the start switch starts turning the engine. I can remember this happing a few times iwth the old owner (my brother in law) it just eventually started again.

Any help would be great.

+1
    Did you reset the dash? Blue wire up front on left side must be reset or no start! It could be a bad OEM start/stop switch also...

M

I know what the code is, but it acts like there is no power(eletrical) on the jetski. The Muli-meter will not come on until you hit the start switch. I thought it could be, but I have 2 OEM starter switches and I really can't see both of them being bad. I only swapped to the other one becuase it had the green button still on the one. I did the testing on them acording to the maunal and they pass. Can I by pass meter to start it? If the meter is failing could this cause my issue.

+1
    Yup you can jump the pins

Thread Information