Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Reed removal

  1. #1
    o uncola o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,060

    Reed removal

    Anyone have instructions on how to remove the reeds?

    I have the stinger and all exhaust parts off. Just don't want to remove parts that are not necessary to remove the reeds.

    Also, if using stock reeds, what kind of spacer could I put in to reduce reed wear and potentially get some gains?


  2. #2
    Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Waterloo, IA
    Posts
    1,608
    well pretty much everything comes off. airbox, tb's and manifolds. i leave the u pipe on and the TB's are still hooked up when i change mine. some people take the pipe and disconnect TBs but if you are carefull it isn't necessary.

  3. #3
    zx11rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral
    Posts
    1,132
    pull the carbs or tb off the reeds are right there some use reed stuffers to help i have never used them im putting the VF3 reed kit in my ski. gl with your project

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    Anyone have instructions on how to remove the reeds?

    I have the stinger and all exhaust parts off. Just don't want to remove parts that are not necessary to remove the reeds.

    Also, if using stock reeds, what kind of spacer could I put in to reduce reed wear and potentially get some gains?
    Hey Jason, click on Billies screen name (RX951) look for the link to download a manual, you`ll find all the info and bolts torque specs! If ya have a hard time, just send billie a PM...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    pull the carbs or tb off the reeds are right there some use reed stuffers to help i have never used them im putting the VF3 reed kit in my ski. gl with your project
    yeah, I have the VF3`s also without the stuffers...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by o uncola o View Post
    Anyone have instructions on how to remove the reeds?

    I have the stinger and all exhaust parts off. Just don't want to remove parts that are not necessary to remove the reeds.

    Also, if using stock reeds, what kind of spacer could I put in to reduce reed wear and potentially get some gains?
    Lowell has a spacer for stock reed cages also if you what have a set of carbon tec reeds cheep ($50.00) BUT you have to use spacer or there life span is short

    cd

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by chip View Post
    Lowell has a spacer for stock reed cages also if you what have a set of carbon tec reeds cheep ($50.00) BUT you have to use spacer or there life span is short

    cd
    bud I lied to ya have used the full set on other ski BUT have set with one peddle missing pm me address and will send for free OK

    cd

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How To: Pump Removal
    By WildBill9000 in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 09:16 PM
  2. How-To: Removing the engine cowling.
    By MikeTrin in forum Sea Doo How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:28 AM
  3. Removing scratches from gelcoat
    By Yuji in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 09:02 AM
  4. wear ring removal
    By watermedic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
  5. I need help remove stock intercooler
    By orc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 04:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •