Thread: 95 waveraider 1100 - SBT engine
06-26-2009, 02:22 PM #1
95 waveraider 1100 - SBT engine
Has anyone bought an engine from SBT? I am looking at replacing my engine due to a burnt piston and not knowing much of the history of the bike. I am looking at replacing the whole damn thing and wanted to replace other things that will allow the bike to run brand new. These are the things that I was planning on replacing, do let me know if there are any other things that I should replace.
(1) SBT short block
(2) Carbs rebuild kit
(3) Thermostat/ Thermosensor
(4) Engine mounts
(6) Fuel lines to be cleaned out
(7) Fuel Pump - Do you think that I really need to change the pump if I have a block off kit
The problem I had with the old engine seems to have been over heating. What do you think had caused that?; plus there was no gap at all in the spark plug along with a burnt dismantled piston.
Another question: How should I break in the engine so that it becomes the fastest that it can be?
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM #2
06-27-2009, 09:17 AM #3
Thanks for the info man.....just a couple more questions....
(1) You said that I have 38's when it come to the carbs.....How can I make the carbs bigger? Do I have to buy bigger ones or rebuild kit would do the job?
(2) Why use OEM gaskets over the aftermaket IMO?
(3) Breaking in the engine...... Use heat cycles...What does heat cycles mean? Vary the throttle....I believe you mean gas and go repeatedly to put load on the engine.
(4) How long does it take for the engine to break in completely? How many hours until I can gun it like I odn't care?
(5) With what I listed in the first post of what I am doing to the engine....Do you think that I need anything else to ensure that I am on a brand new engine and fault free from old parts when it comes to the power plant? The starter is of no concern right now.
06-27-2009, 09:32 AM #4
06-27-2009, 09:32 AM #5
Oh one more thing.....
(6) What fuel filter should I use?
I have brand new Engine Mounts...SO I am just gonna use them....I already spent the money.
06-27-2009, 09:33 AM #6
06-27-2009, 09:45 AM #7
Thanks man....Info helps...Will let you know how things go, but will not know until mid August. I live in the Caribbean and therefore must send my engine up to the states to do the work.
You have a raider right?
How fast does it go?
What upgrades have you done on it?
How fast do you think my rebuilt engine would go compared to the factory engine?
06-27-2009, 10:30 AM #8
Yes I have a raider.
said to be 70mph ski once set up with the other parts I have.
It's been ported, expoixed cases, 85.5 flat top R&D pistons, 46 carbs, VF3 reeds, Riva intake, Pro-tec ride plate, Solas 14/19 trued to a 13/20 by Impros, RIva CDI, 155 Riva head and also 195 ADA head, GP1200 Electrics etc
I would think your ski should run 62ish
06-27-2009, 10:31 AM #9
You can see it run under vacation pictures post that I did...
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By junny in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 12Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:57 PM
By wipit in forum Conversion PWC Performance SkisReplies: 3Last Post: 03-20-2011, 09:46 AM
By wipit in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 10Last Post: 03-10-2011, 08:40 AM
By Metal4130 in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2007, 10:46 AM
By codemanrose in forum Yamaha Old School SkisReplies: 27Last Post: 12-29-2006, 12:59 PM