Question Jumping the '96 XP

I've read these forums for quite a few years now but have never really posted before. I do however, have a quick question. I have a virtually stock '96 XP. I really love jumping it, but I sometimes notice when I take the seat off, the battery seems go get out of place. So I guess my question is, is it bad for the ski to be jumped without any mods??? ~thanks for the advice

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    do you not have a strap to hold the battery down? if not you should get one. what mods are you talking about? the only thing that i have on my stock 96XP is a bilge pump. you dont really need it but if you put it under the water a lot when jumping id get one. I jump my XP a lot and ive never had a problem...

nahh I don't/ have never had a problem, it's just precautionary. I just wanted to hear other peoples experience with jumping them. that's all. Thanks for the input

Aiken, SC
    Jumping is hard on them no matter what. Mods have nothing to do with it (in fact, some mods may make them more vulnerable while jumping).

I love to jump. But in choosing to do so I am undertaking the burden of a more frequent maintenance cycle (pipe mounts wear out faster, bolts work loose, ect). You need to stay on top of things if you jump a lot or you will get bitten.

I have a good little list of stuff I have broken while jumping and it was worth every penny.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    On a stock ski a Skat 16/24 swirl would make it hit much harder, and respond better...especially in the ocean.

When you master the art of jumping an X-4, the wear items basically go away. Such as engine mounts...when you learn to jump a certain size wave and refrain from smaller, the "casing" (landing hard flat), is what kills the parts.

Get a bilge pump if you haven't already. Stay vertical and sky that baby!!!

hahah awesome, thanks guys! I look everything over pretty frequently every time it comes out of the water.

Thread Information