Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 250X rider considering sea doo, need advice

Hey everyone, I am considering purchasing a RXT-X or possibly a RXP-X as an addition to my 250x. I am looking for a ski that is more sporty/playful (I am not interested in the iS). I spend all of my time riding in the Chesapeake Bay and large/wide open rivers. Typical days have 2ft chop.

I would be primarily interested in:

#1: Stability and performance near WOT in 2ft chop.

#2: Durable enough to spend lots of time jumping 4ft+ boat wakes (and light weight enough to enjoy it)

I have never ridden a doo (but have lost plenty of races to them ) and am looking for any advice from sea doo owners (especially those who have ridden the X craft).
    Last edited by NaptownKawi; 06-26-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: I might consider a RXP-X too

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    Hey everyone, I am considering purchasing a RXT-X as an addition to my 250x. I am looking for a ski that is more sporty/playful but still a 3-seater (not interested in iS). I spend all of my time riding in the Chesapeake Bay and large/wide open rivers. Typical days have 2ft chop.

#2: Durable enough to spend lots of time jumping 4ft+ boat wakes (and light weight enough to enjoy it)

I have never ridden a doo (but have lost plenty of races to them ) and am looking for any advice from sea doo owners (especially those who have ridden the X craft).
    Go Ahead
    RXT-X Amazing PWC

Hey everyone, I am considering purchasing a RXT-X as an addition to my 250x. I am looking for a ski that is more sporty/playful but still a 3-seater (not interested in iS). I spend all of my time riding in the Chesapeake Bay and large/wide open rivers. Typical days have 2ft chop.

well i dont know why you want to jump waves with a couch but whatever. i thin the rxp is what you want if you like jumping and stuff. my friend just sold his 250x and bought a seadoo rxtx and loves it, says it out performes his 250x

Question

well i dont know why you want to jump waves with a couch but whatever. i thin the rxp is what you want if you like jumping and stuff. my friend just sold his 250x and bought a seadoo rxtx and loves it, says it out performes his 250x
    I could be down for a RXP-X depending on how it rides in chop. Can it handle bay conditions? I can defiantly see how it would be better @ jumping waves. Anyone have any thoughts? Can a RXP-X take on decent chop?

I could be down for a RXP-X depending on how it rides in chop. Can it handle bay conditions? I can defiantly see how it would be better @ jumping waves. Anyone have any thoughts? Can a RXP-X take on decent chop?
    well i ride a t and the bigger the ski the better it handles chop

Question Hulls

well i dont know why you want to jump waves with a couch but whatever. i thin the rxp is what you want if you like jumping and stuff.
    Maybe I really do want a 2-seater and haven't realized it yet. I do find myself standing up a lot on my 250X, almost like I wish I was riding a 2-seater . How do the hulls on the RXP-X skis hold up to a beating (eg wave jumping)? I hear the nanoxcell hulls on the Yamis aren't very durable.

well i cant answer that as i ride the T but i am sure someone will chime in that has a P goodluck with your purchase.

i have a gtx limited couch and ride in the bay in the hampton roads area ---because of the chop the bay has and the size of my ski i usally can pull away from the 2 seaters ---- most of the time --but i have a bad back and can't take to much beating

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Naptown, I'm from Pasadena and i know the conditions you're talking about. I can tell you a regular RXP doesn't do too well in our bad bay chop but the RXP X is better. Good luck and maybe i'll see you on the severn some time.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    Naptown, I'm from Pasadena and i know the conditions you're talking about. I can tell you a regular RXP doesn't do too well in our bad bay chop but the RXP X is better. Good luck and maybe i'll see you on the severn some time.
    agree, the rxp just does decent in the chop, but the rxpx is much better. It wont be as good as the rxtx but I think the rxpx is your best bet if you are looking at jumping waves too. It will launch like no other. I love jumping on my rxp soo much fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information