Cavitation, please help

06 RXT 14x19 solas, riva grate, 2 degree pump wedge, cavitates out of the hole bad,and in tight turns. running 8140 rpm top end @ 64mph ,wear ring looks good impellar looks undamaged. I was at 69.6 last fall when I put it away. HELP!!!!!!!!

You're cavitating a 14/19....with just a green wheel? I dunno...heat is probably killing some speed....maybe you're nose cone has walked up the shaft?

+1
    Im dealing with the same thing myself. Its realy bad in my case. Heres what I'm doing to try and fix it.

-Replacing the carbon seal with a skat trak seal.

-replacing the wear ring. You realy need to measure it not just look at it. realy need to pull the pump to do this.

-check to make sure none of the little fins are broke in the pump shoe. I had 1 broke. Had to grind them all off and cleaned up the casting flash while i was in there.

-check the nose cone on the front of the prop to make sure it hasn't walked up.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Promod1955 View Post
    Im dealing with the same thing myself. Its realy bad in my case. Heres what I'm doing to try and fix it.

-Replacing the carbon seal with a skat trak seal.

-replacing the wear ring. You realy need to measure it not just look at it. realy need to pull the pump to do this.

-check to make sure none of the little fins are broke in the pump shoe. I had 1 broke. Had to grind them all off and cleaned up the casting flash while i was in there.

-check the nose cone on the front of the prop to make sure it hasn't walked up.

-
    works fine now?

I'm going to pull them pump today and take a look see, thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kl0n View Post
    works fine now?
    ordered everything thursday from the online store to fix it so hopefully I'll be able to get it together this week and go out for 4th of july. Im praying this fixes it. Don't know what else it could be other then the prop. Appearance wise that looks fine, just wondering if its been modified and gotten screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Promod1955 View Post
    ordered everything thursday from the online store to fix it so hopefully I'll be able to get it together this week and go out for 4th of july. Im praying this fixes it. Don't know what else it could be other then the prop. Appearance wise that looks fine, just wondering if its been modified and gotten screwed up.
    OK, I've heard that it can be the driveshaft to. If your ski have run many hours (200) the seal may have grind down the driveshaft a little bit so it would help to change seal..Becuse the air will be suck from the spring...

Pulled pump, wear ring looks grooved behind the impellar, I ordered a new one today I'll let you know if that was the issue

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    I am cavitating bad out of the hole with a 15/20r and a stage 3 wheel. My wear ring has a bunch of extra clearance, not from any damage, just from normal wear.

Thread Information