Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MSX 110 Overheating why??

I have an MSX110 thats been babied most of its life and i just got it fixed cause it had some impeller issues. I took it out on the water a few times not problem but the last time i took it out i got the overheating signal on the dash and it was flashing. Well asfter i was able to get it back in I looked to see if there was anything clogging the intake and there wasn't. I flushed the system and nothing came out, I changed the coolant and it still overheats. The waste gate seems to be working fine so no im running out of options. I don't know where to look anymore, Can someone please help me?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArosJ View Post
    I have an MSX110 thats been babied most of its life and i just got it fixed cause it had some impeller issues. I took it out on the water a few times not problem but the last time i took it out i got the overheating signal on the dash and it was flashing. Well asfter i was able to get it back in I looked to see if there was anything clogging the intake and there wasn't. I flushed the system and nothing came out, I changed the coolant and it still overheats. The waste gate seems to be working fine so no im running out of options. I don't know where to look anymore, Can someone please help me?
    Verify that the turbo manifold temperature switch is operating normally. You can try disconnecting this switch and see if the overheating trouble code in the mfd turns off. With PWC in water and idling, you should be able to keep your hand on the turbo manifold and outlet elbow at least 3-4 seconds.

Turbo Sensor

So you think the turbo sensor might have gone bad?? Where is it at exactly?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArosJ View Post
    So you think the turbo sensor might have gone bad?? Where is it at exactly?
    ... on the exhaust manifold, near the oil tank.... one wire is connected to it.

overheating

I am having the same problem. I have changed the exhaust temp sensor, coolant sensor, thermostat checked for debri in the intake screen even blew out the system. Still the temp light will come on if ran at full throttle. I am kinda stumped the motor doesn't feel hot when the light comes on. I am out of ideas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tharon1 View Post
    I am having the same problem. I have changed the exhaust temp sensor, coolant sensor, thermostat checked for debri in the intake screen even blew out the system. Still the temp light will come on if ran at full throttle. I am kinda stumped the motor doesn't feel hot when the light comes on. I am out of ideas.
    Same suggestion again... run the ski with the exhaust temperature sensor disconnected. This will tell you if your problem is related to the exhaust side of the cooling system which is fed by the raw water circuit or if it is related to the engine side of the cooling system which uses glycol coolant.

WHat type of message will i get when i disengage the sensor? Will it be different then what im getting now?

With the turbo manifold sensor disconnected you should not get an overheat indicator if that sensor is bad.

Run the engine in water with the Manifold sensor disconnected, if the manifold gets hot enough to sizzle water that is dropped onto it shut off the engine. This will indicate a problem within the freshwater circuit(clogg/leak)

If the manifold remains cool with no overheat indicator the sensor is bad.

If the manifold remains cool and you still recieve and overheat indicator shut off the engine, your closed loop/engine is overheating(leak, low coolant, stuck thermostat)

Download a service manual, it will help track down you problem.

Do you get limited RPM's?

+1
    What about the water pump? Isn't the impeller made of plastic?

+1
    Both my 04 models are aluminum

When cold, run the motor for a 10 seconds with the coolant cap of, if all is well you should see coolant squirting out of the bleed line that returns to the expansion tank, at least you will know the water pump is working.

Cheers
    Last edited by Kosh; 07-01-2009 at 06:05 AM. Reason: More to add

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information