new ski which one?

About to buy new ski RXT 255x then discovered green hulk forum....fantastic reading ...I've got the bug! Here's the problem.... I've been offered an '07 RXT 215 14 hours (not tested yet) with the following mods ..... Riva air, Gen II SC wheel, Gen II IC, 42lb injectors, 15/20r prop, Riva pro block offs, Solas grate, gutted water box with thru hull exhaust. As I am new to the forum, unsure how this ski will perform/and the reliability factor. Here's the questions, should I buy the '07 RXT or the original plan of a 255x? there is a price difference. What would be the performance difference between the two skis? The 255x is in warranty so I would have to wait to modify 'cause the dealer has advised it will void my warranty. One final note, if I go with the 215 modified, will I be disappointed in performance against any other skis?

+1
    welcome to the forum

+1
    The T-X should out perform that T pretty easy, In my opinion. Your going to have to be pushing 10 psi on RXT to come close to the T-X in performance. welcome to the forum!

+1
    I'm going to say go with the new T-X. Performance would be similar although the "X" will have the better holeshot. It will come with a warranty of up to 5 years and you will know from day 1 how it was treated. It also has better steering, a finger throttle, power trim, and looks better (IMO). Then you can decide what mods you want. If you're going to buy a used ski, then find an unmodified one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    I'm going to say go with the new T-X. Performance would be similar although the "X" will have the better holeshot. It will come with a warranty of up to 5 years and you will know from day 1 how it was treated. It also has better steering, a finger throttle, power trim, and looks better (IMO). Then you can decide what mods you want. If you're going to buy a used ski, then find an unmodified one.
    I agree on all accounts. I find it hard to buy any type of performance vehicle, watercraft or recreational toy used without really knowing the person selling it.

I have a similar set up on my RXT and it out performs 255's with little effort. Go with the T and smile at the X boats lol.

<P>Update viewed and tested RXT wow! loved the colour(red/white) and the price! and performance.&nbsp; I am now the proud owner of a real wolf in sheeps clothing here's the deal with the coin saved over 255x i can afford to modify further any suggestions would be much appreciated.</P>

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    <P>Update viewed and tested RXT wow! loved the colour(red/white) and the price! and performance.&nbsp; I am now the proud owner of a real wolf in sheeps clothing here's the deal with the coin saved over 255x i can afford to modify further any suggestions would be much appreciated.</P>
    Good choice this way you dont have to worry about the pump tunnel cracking on the RXTX

Quote Originally Posted by billyboy View Post
    Second the "good choice".

Relax. Enjoy the ski, read up....then...go Rude2 and assorted goodies.

Thanks guys,been reading and learning loads,many different opinions it is very confusing like catch cans my RXT has a R&D ventilator kit (air filter) and the riva air crank case hole blocked off will that do? Don't mean to be a PITA just want to get it right?

Thread Information