Water Box Question

I have a new RXP-X. I want to get the open exhaust sound without loosing the necessary back pressure needed to maintain horsepower. I have read the threads and still seem confused. Can I just change the water box to a Gibson or Riva type and achieve the sound? Can I let it exit from the current location or do I have to place the cutout for the exhaust out the back of the hull? It's also my understanding the to place any type of "new" water box in the hull the "nanny controls" must be removed. Any help with this is appreciated. My goal is more sound with minimal cost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedshifterZ06 View Post
    I have a new RXP-X. I want to get the open exhaust sound without loosing the necessary back pressure needed to maintain horsepower. I have read the threads and still seem confused. Can I just change the water box to a Gibson or Riva type and achieve the sound? Can I let it exit from the current location or do I have to place the cutout for the exhaust out the back of the hull? It's also my understanding the to place any type of "new" water box in the hull the "nanny controls" must be removed. Any help with this is appreciated. My goal is more sound with minimal cost.
    On a SCed motor You want to make the exhaust flow as free as possible..Back pressure is something you try to eliminate..As far as achieving sound your not gonna get a thru hull sound without going to a thru hull exhaust..You can remove the resonator,put a free flow kit in there and gut your Stock waterbox of all baffles inside and still keep the stock exit location,this will make it a tad louder..BUT from the couple of skis i have heard with this setup,they are not very loud at all..If you go with a Riva or Gibson then your gonna have to go with a thru hull setup anyway....I hate to say it but IF you want to sound and perform your gonna have to spend a little bit of coin..The exhaust is one area i would not try to skip out on seeing if you ever spring a leak your ski is gonna go down...

What "Nanny controls are you reffering to????

If you want to keep current location you can use this
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=751

if you like cutout for the exhaust out the back of the hull

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=301

all the instruction will be with the package if you order from Riva

The OPAS system is the "nanny controlls" I was referring to. It has to come off and be blocked off to install the new water box. Correct? Thanks for the answers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedshifterZ06 View Post
    The OPAS system is the "nanny controlls" I was referring to. It has to come off and be blocked off to install the new water box. Correct? Thanks for the answers.

Correct..The OPAS has to come off...IF you want to keep the OPAS then youll either have to go with the setup above OR do a search..I know there have been a couple of members that have installed a thru hull with the OPAS left on...

Thread Information