Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

09 ultra 260 no start!!

Let me thank you all in advance...
    I just purchased a new 09 ultra 260, nice ride...just broke the 4 hour mark yesterday and had a blast doing that. Today I wanted to start it before I
    went out on the water and......NO START with a strong crank. The low fuel alarm was also on but it was not on last night when I was out on the water. I took it to get gas and still no start. I pulled all 4 plugs and they were wet with fuel, after cleaning them and cranking the engine without the plugs to clear the excess fuel, I reinstalled he plugs and still no start.
    Not to sure what could have happened in 15 hrs. It seems like an ignition issue.....anyone have any educated guesses???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstriper View Post
    Let me thank you all in advance...
    I just purchased a new 09 ultra 260, nice ride...just broke the 4 hour mark yesterday and had a blast doing that. Today I wanted to start it before I
    went out on the water and......NO START with a strong crank. The low fuel alarm was also on but it was not on last night when I was out on the water. I took it to get gas and still no start. I pulled all 4 plugs and they were wet with fuel, after cleaning them and cranking the engine without the plugs to clear the excess fuel, I reinstalled he plugs and still no start.
    Not to sure what could have happened in 15 hrs. It seems like an ignition issue.....anyone have any educated guesses???
    I got 1. WARRANTY!

+1
    well you have warranty .. take it in and let them take care of it ..could be alot of things, the ecu could have gone bad. let the shop take care of it.

yea...no worries in the warrany dept. just wanted to get back out.

I am having almost the same issue on the 08 15F with 4 hours on it. The dealer didnt find anything, and i basically got it back with a tiny adjustment to the throttle cable. Same issue though.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you press the green start button, do not give it any gas at all. Just touch the start button for a second and you should light right up. Concur, both of these boats mentioned here can be hard to start at times; have one of each.

I dont touch the throttle. Just press the green button. The engine has a strong crank but doesnt catch. After 3 seconds on, 3 seconds off of the green button it just catches and runs like a charm.

Happens to many 09's.
    Usually after extended periods of idle.

As stated before crank without throtle and it will start.

Yup, thats what i do. Just doesnt seem right that a almost brand new 4-stroke behaves like this. If someone's car or bike would act this way, no one would be ok with the just keep trying or open the engine up to cool off solutions.

I agree it shouldnt happening.
    A friend described it the best way:
    Its a "Ferrari" engine and Ferraris hate idle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information