Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2003 XLT build?

2003 XLT build?

My wife rides a 2003 XLT and I am looking to get her a little more pep. I was thinking:

R&D Rideplate(worked of course)
    2 Bar Intake Grate
    PPK
    12/18 or 13/19 Impeller
    Riva Spoonsons

What do you guys think of this so far? I am really unsure of which impeller since I read so many different opinions. Also, what do you think the ski might run(MPH) with this kind of setup? Thanks for any feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Suthrn
    My wife rides a 2003 XLT and I am looking to get her a little more pep. I was thinking:

R&D Rideplate(worked of course)
    2 Bar Intake Grate
    PPK
    12/18 or 13/19 Impeller
    Riva Spoonsons

What do you guys think of this so far? I am really unsure of which impeller since I read so many different opinions. Also, what do you think the ski might run(MPH) with this kind of setup? Thanks for any feedback.
    As far as bolt-on parts, they are good. It depends on how much you want to spend. I wouldn't do the Riva Sponsons, they are just for handling. At high speeds, they don't touch the water.

For a stock ski (without an aftermarket head), use the 12/18 or a 13/19 repitched to 11/18 (better top speed).

Thanks for the response need4. I guess there aren't a lot of XLT guys on this site. Any idea where I might be speed wise with this set up? The only reason I was looking at getting spoonsons was because you do sometimes feel the ski pull when you go through some wake and Rivas site says that the new spoons would help.

+1
    The ride plate will change how it pulls a lot; I put on a Riva plate modded by Jim, and it rode like a different boat, tracking straight through the wakes.

My guess is you will be hitting close to 60 actual speed with those mods. Next I'd look into putting on a D Plate and the Jetworks mod; two very inexpensive mods. After that, maybe get the head milled and rejet.

Of course, there is always an "after that", thats why we keep spending so much money on these things.

hey smitty,
    what plate did you have b4? did you do any back to back runs with the J Plate?

+1
    Smitty and Need4power will hook you up suthrn

they are a few of our XLL/T gurus

+1
    I started off with the Protec, never had stock... Jims plate was a huge change from the Protec. Just from looking, you would think the Protec is faster; it follows the curve of the hull, where the Riva plate has a big flat area with a drop off.

I picked up over 2 mph over the Protec when I switched to Jims plate, but I didn't have a stock plate to compare it against. I tried to get Jim and Carl to both send me plates, and I'd keep the fastest one and brag about it... but that was a no-go, lol.

+1
    suthrn, Jims1300 & Carl at Long Island Racing know of a few fast XL boats too !!

they da-man too

+1

Plates

The Stockl R&D is a mjor improvement over stock, the stocker looks like the pro-tec - Don't buy that one! Te R&D without any mods is excellent, looking to make it faster and don't know if I should go with the center surface mod only or add some angle on my XLL.

Eric

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by snowrunner
    The Stockl R&D is a mjor improvement over stock, the stocker looks like the pro-tec - Don't buy that one! Te R&D without any mods is excellent, looking to make it faster and don't know if I should go with the center surface mod only or add some angle on my XLL.

Eric

What has been your experience with the Freeflow on your XLL? I have a Riva Free Flow sitting in my garage but I am on the fence as to whether or not I should install it as I am doing the Jetworks...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information