2003 GTI LE RFI Oil Return

Hi. I just installed a new SBT engine in my 03 GTI. I have two questions for the group...

1) Should the oil return line that runs from the bottom end to the oil reserve have oil flowing through that when running? I see oil about half way up the hose but it isn't flowing....Is that suppose to be a constant circulation or is it just overflow?

2) When i was running on the hose i notice a water outflow vent by the front of the ski....if you look at the front it will be on your right. Should that have water spitting out all the time? Is this right?

Any responses are much appreciated.

Thanks.

+1
    That oil line is for the rotary valve shaft and no, it does not "move" while running. It does circulate, but it is very gradual.

That front water outlet should be the pipe's Pisser. SD used to put them at the back on the bigger boats but figured out that the point of the pisser is that it be easily visible.

If you follow the line that goes from the hull you should find it connected to your pipe at the highest point of the water jacket. This allows air to bleed out and thus when you see water coming out of the pisser that is in proper relation to the amount coming in (ie, on a plane=strong stream, at idle=very little, on the hose=whatever based on how much pressure the hose has) you are good.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

more help...

So i ran this today and had a few issues.....so any more help would be great.

So the ski would hit about 6000 RPM and just under 40 mph. I think this should easily hit 50+ the water was smooth. What is the maximum powerband? 8000 RPM or higher? I'm thinking maybe the throttle position sensor might need adjusted. After running for about 15 mins the ski just died. It would crank and run for a second or two but never started back up. I'm not sure what caused this...

I was told to have SeaDoo mechanics adjust the TPS and CPS. Could this be the issue? What else should i be looking at with a new engine? Thanks again.

+1
    Well, first see if you hear the fuel pump come on when you plug in the key. If it does not, that is probably it.

If it does you will need to have the fuel pressure/flow checked (dealer time). They may need to adjust the cable, but why would it be OUT of adjustment if all you did was put in a reman engine?

You might also want to do a compression check as well as varify if you have spark. Check all your grounds to make sure they are tight and have good connection.

Thread Information