Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Texas Lakes - Lake Travis

Can anyone advise a good place to put in on Lake Travis - convenient and a place where you can BBQ out at same time?

Any recommendations on other rides in the Hill Country this summer - appears that water levels are way down and making it difficlut to traverse places.

Thanks

+1
    Man I am so sorry, i never got back to you, but lake travis is so low up by me that I can even put my ski's in anymore. I know I told you I would help, but it is to bad to put in. Well atleast up by me. Yes it is that low.

may Rapid will chime in up were he is.

+1
    Canyon Lake is still low but very usable and they have campsites that are right on the water where you can BBQ. Either Jacobs Creek or Potters Creek Parks will be your best bet.

no problem, just trying to find a place to ride other then Canyon. Was on Canyon two weekends ago and water is historical low and water cops everywhere as they are putting up No wake zones from north marina all the way to the river.

take care

bbq and pwc

Theres a state park on the 13 mile marker of lake travis, north shore, called arkansas bend, its in Lago Vista. If you have a 4x4 or at least a substantial 2wd, you can launch from the beach in there. Thats where RDH and I launch when the water is low (always). good place for family fun on the shore. The water is a lil rough down there, so bring your mouthguard, ha! $10 gets you in with a trailer, a little more to camp at primitive sites..

You may also look into emma long park, down on lake Austin. Not sure what the ramp situation is, but it is a constant level lake. No pwc's on holidays though, damn haters!!!

good luck, hope this helps...
    welcome to lake Travis...

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    I rode Travis this past weekend. Visually, it's probably the nicest place to ride - in respect to views, beautiful scenery, etc. As far as actually enjoying the performance of your PWC, it sucks. I think the Pacific Ocean is less choppy than Travis on weekends. An RXP has no business out there, but our Ultra 250x seemed to handle the chop well. I guess it really depends on what kind of rider you are. If you're out to people-watch and put-put around and enjoy the sun, I guess Travis is nice. If you want to race other PWC and/or hit up some WOT full-speed runs, you're better off staying away from Travis. I almost fell of my RXP a few times in that shit this weekend. It was brutal.

+1
    +1 Ballin Ultras, me and the wife went there 2 years ago. Beautiful place to sight see, but not much fun to ride. That being said, we want to go back. What we did was cruise around, then found a quite cove, anchored and hung out on some air mattresses. Did not really see anywere you could beach and hang out.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

low water

the water was way down this weekend.did you put in at the dam???its always brutal down there,around pace bend and up lake is much better,i've ridden up one of the feeding rivers before it was a smooth ride.we put in on lake austin sunday.it was rough until we got closer to the up river dam.there were so many boats and idiots trying to wakeboard everywhere.boats flying by each other very close pulling boards and such.i'd be surprised if nobody got hurt boating sat or sun down there

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    around pace bend and up lake is much better
    Pace Bend Park is precisely where we launched at. I had my Suburban almost under water!

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

pace bend

the gal at the pace bend booth told us the ramps were closed and they had signs out saying the were closed,did you launch off the beach??4wd suburban??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information