Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Phantom Silver/Valiant Blue FTW! AllenUltra250X's Avatar

Ultra 250X vs. RXP-X

I met a RXP-X out on the lake this weekend.

He was definitely scamming, really wanting to race but tried starting a conversation with me first. He asked if we wanted to go ride, and I said sure.

We get out in the open out of a cove and it starts getting rough. This guy and his girlfriend are really recieving a beating. I said what the heck, lets just give him what he wants. We both go WOT. Neither of us were passing. Until it got rough. The waves started picking up, and he was sent soaring through the air. I just laughed as the Ultra glided through and powered on about its business.

We get to the marina and talk some more. He quickly leaves after a little conversation. I didn't see him till the next day.

I really love my Ultra. Not only does it go faster in real world conditions, it holds 1 more passenger, is alot smoother, and looks way better.

Not bashing Sea-Doo's, because my best friend has a RXT, but this guy was just a douchebag and needed a beating.

end of story/rant.

+1
    Nice kill, these RXP's aren't fast at all in real world conditions.

+1
    Nice, I was on the lake and had a random encounter with an Ultra 250X in the chop and let me tell ya I had trouble!! I was struggling to keep up.

So....., I decided to approach the owner and ask him to follow me to a less choppy area of the lake and he said, "lets do it man!" So, I figured maybe I'll have a better chance now. Well, as expected I took him by (1 jet ski length) from a 20mph roll up to 65+mph speeds.

Moral of the story is: My modded GP1200R has a lot of trouble with Ultra 250X's in the chop and the only place I have a chance at winning is in the flat waters of the lake.

Mod List: Ultra 250X------ Bone stock(he told me)

GP1200R------- Bolt ons (Stage 2)

Yea I won in a rout this weekend. Two riders. Decided I wanted to play with them. One of them obliged. Next thing you know I look back and hes way behind. Nothing can hang with the ultra in the rougher conditions. FYI so boring riding on glass.

+1
    I ran a guy on a RXP-X before I did the timing mod, intercooler mod, and exhaust. From a dead stop in flat water he jumped me by a ski and basically held me there. Since then, I've hunted for him on the river and can't find him. lol The few mods I did made a huge difference in overall performance. ESPECIALLY acceleration. It picked up right at 3mph on top as well after a few little tweaking coupled with the additional mods. So far, I'm really enjoying my ski. I'm not knocking the RXP-X at all, as a matter of fact I wanted an RXT-X, just the guy at the dealership was a COMPLETE a$$hole. I called inquiring about any pre owned or year end close out models that they may have had. This was a Seadoo dealership so I asked for any 08' closeout RXT-X's. He said no, so I then asked if they had any used ultra 250's? He paused and said, "Are you kidding...nobody buys or wants that Japanese trash" That was the nearest dealership to me, so I decided I wouldn't want to spend a dime in a dealership that was so blatant in putting the competition down. Usually when you have to put others down to make your product look better, you product isn't as advanced over the competition as you think it is. Diversity in performance products make these machines better and better as time goes on. A product should sell itself, not needing a jack a$$ salesman to put other products down in effort to sell his own. Just my $.02

yeah, and in the 70's GM dealers would tell people, "why would you want that japanese trash Toyota". Hmm wonder who is winning now?

+1
    Ran an RXT-X at the lake today. Raced 4-5 times for 1/2 mile through 1 ft boat chop with some flatter areas in between. This ski is much faster than the RXP-X's I've raced. It's just better suited to less than perfect water. I pulled him everytime by 3-4 ski's. I was surprised he hung in there that well. The regular RXT's I run down easily but this ski I could only slowly pull away so 3-4 ski's ain't much over 1/2 mile of racing.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    As both an RXP and 250 owner, I see both sides of the argument. They're both fun to ride in their own different ways. The Ultra feels so much more refined, while the RXP has more of a "raw" feel to it - both of which I enjoy. I won't say that glassy smooth water is "boring", because with an 80mph Rude equipped RXP, there aren't many things that involve your pants on that is more of a rush than squeezing the throttle on that thing while getting to 80mph faster than you can shake a stick at it. With that said, I've had a hard time getting off the 250 when I've been riding it, because despite it not being faster in a straight line, it's definitely more comfortable and "easier" to ride. On the RXP, I have to release the throttle a bit while coming up on chop, whereas on the Ultra, I actually squeeze it because there's not much on the water more enjoyable than going WOT through chop with a hull like the Ultra has.

The best of both worlds!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    As both an RXP and 250 owner, I see both sides of the argument. They're both fun to ride in their own different ways. The Ultra feels so much more refined, while the RXP has more of a "raw" feel to it - both of which I enjoy. I won't say that glassy smooth water is "boring", because with an 80mph Rude equipped RXP, there aren't many things that involve your pants on that is more of a rush than squeezing the throttle on that thing while getting to 80mph faster than you can shake a stick at it. With that said, I've had a hard time getting off the 250 when I've been riding it, because despite it not being faster in a straight line, it's definitely more comfortable and "easier" to ride. On the RXP, I have to release the throttle a bit while coming up on chop, whereas on the Ultra, I actually squeeze it because there's not much on the water more enjoyable than going WOT through chop with a hull like the Ultra has.

The best of both worlds!
    Well said
    My last ski was a 07 rxp
    they are both king of different areas

Waz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information