Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stx_R 1200 Premix ratio

Guy have a question. Last year I put a new motor in my kaw 1200. Road it three time this season and blew a piston (third one from the front). I want to do away with the oil pump and use a premix. Dose anyone know that the ratio should be?

Thanks for your help.

Do a search. Pre-mixing a 1200 require some case modifications.

I doubt that was your problem, premixing a kawi 1200 is a pita at best . Sounds more like you have a carb problem or air leak. Did it burn a hole through the top of the piston? Post pics

I burned a hole in the side of the piston. btldigger can you send me your e-address so that I can send you pic?

Thanks

Through the side sounds like it may have been detonating. Are you shure you didnt get some bad gas? What other mods do you have? Did it look like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02465.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	139360  

Yes it did look like that (I just e-mailed you over pic) As for the bad gas? If that was the case wouldn't I have had the problem with all three cyl? I have a stage 1 kit on the ski from Skiworx. I only rode it 4 times. The first three was with a pre-mix 2.5 (plus the pump) to one and the 4th time stright gas with the pump doing the work.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    how many hours? how long was the boat sitting in between the times it was run?

I got the pics. I looks like it was lean on 3 since it had that melted spot in the middle of it then that may have got it detonating which took out the side. That pic I posted was from my 04 with stock pistons and 42cc heads with cauffman tripples on 93oct should have had some race gas in it. I burned one last season after getting gas on the water. I think that fuel had been sitting awhile and it burned the same way. You might want to give steve a call and get some input from him. He may want to adjust on the carbs.

You can post those pics here mabe some of the other guys will have some ideas as well.

It was about a week between the third and fourth ride. I talked with Steve waiting for him to get back to me. I didn't want to run out and put another piston in there before I found out what the problem was. I put less than 5 hours on it. Yea less than 5 hours. This was the first tank with runnning straight gas (93 oct) with the pump doing the work

I run 100:1 and the pump in mine all the time, I have done that ever since I first put the level 1 in it. Now it is a level 2 with tripples. You may want to pull the other 2 heads off and get some pics of the top of the pistons. post them up so we can see the piston wash. Is this the econo kit or the full level 1? Im also assuming you were running 93 oct fuel.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information