Exclamation How many rpm should I be turning on 08 250 Ultra

How many rpm should I be turning on 08 250 Ultra with 12 hrs on it? I think my highest is 7650 Rpm's is this normal?I am due for my 10 hour service is the dealer supposed to chang the spark plugs? i just want to make sure they do if it is required.

+1
    You're going to get replies to search here and read the manual.

RPM's sound about right. Plugs are every 50 hours or annually according to the manual I think.

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help?
    I have an '08 250x and the rpm use to reach 7600 rpm's but now after the 35hr service I it kept reaching lower and lower rpm's until 6700.
    I took it to the dealership today and they said they will check it, but I wanted to know what causes the rpm to get lower because I think the dealer will rip me off!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by q8i ultra View Post
    I have an '08 250x and the rpm use to reach 7600 rpm's but now after the 35hr service I it kept reaching lower and lower rpm's until 6700.
    I took it to the dealership today and they said they will check it, but I wanted to know what causes the rpm to get lower because I think the dealer will rip me off!
    slipping belt,leaking BOV, clogged cooler

7650 also

My 08 250 also would not get above 7650. Changed oil @ 10 hours (amsoil 10-40 marine). Hit 7750 @ 12 hrs. As usual the factory fill was high, I pulled out 5.3 qts.

rick

+1
    I just chaged my oil and basically had the same problem, not the same rpms, but having to much oil. I'm hoping converting to the Amsoil coupled with the correct amount will give me some more rpms as well. Its like you can never go fast enough. With a few bolts ons and free mods I would have been happy to go 70 in this heat. Once I went mid 71 it made me want to go 72. lol Speed is definitely worse than drugs. lol After reading this, I'm anxious to take it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by worldbfree View Post
    My 08 250 also would not get above 7650. Changed oil @ 10 hours (amsoil 10-40 marine). Hit 7750 @ 12 hrs. As usual the factory fill was high, I pulled out 5.3 qts.

rick

Quote Originally Posted by q8i ultra View Post
    As sirbreaksalot said it cud be any of those or as i had to find out the hard way cud b other problems like faulty spark plugs leaking exhaust gaskets or impeller damage... hope you get things sorted out

and i believe the 07 ultra 250 maual says its at full power at 7750 RPMs

Quote Originally Posted by aaron8473 View Post
    How many rpm should I be turning on 08 250 Ultra with 12 hrs on it? I think my highest is 7650 Rpm's is this normal?I am due for my 10 hour service is the dealer supposed to chang the spark plugs? i just want to make sure they do if it is required.
    I know this is pety and not helpful but could you please set your font color to the default black.....except to stress a word like you did for Your rpm numbers.....makes it hard to read if everyone used differant colors. Thanks in advance.

David

Thread Information