Will these work?

Will thes also fit a GP1200R or just a GP1200? i havnt seen a thread on this in quite some time. im just plannign on using the carbs. not the spacer or intake manifold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RIVA-...QQcmdZViewItem

+1
    they will work, but i am not so sure about that manifold they are attached to. If you get them, go with the traditional carb set-up (east/west alignment, not north/south) with those.

they would bolt up just like the factory ones correct? I mean they are Mikuni carbs basically. everything should just bolt up and then rejet?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big83bronco
    they would bolt up just like the factory ones correct? I mean they are Mikuni carbs basically. everything should just bolt up and then rejet?
    that's it.. what you were seeing that made it look so odd was just a modified intake manifold. There are a few of those around, and i have never heard any results from running the carbs like that.

With the way that they are mounted in that pic, it would be impossible to run a sigle pipe application with that because of how tall they sit (it would hit the stinger pipe). My guess is that someone was running a tripple pipe boat with those.
    I do see one neat thing about having the FA's sit up in the air like that----it's less of a possibility that water intrusion would occur (for those that have constant water sloshing around in the bottom.

if you get those carbs, you can probably turn around and resell that weird manifold back onto eaby or even this forum to recoop a little cash--it's probably worth 50 bucks alone. Be sure to get a rebuild kit when buying used carbs (just in case).

yeah, rebuild is a must on used carbs!!!!!! I learned that the hard way......blown motor! Anyways, im still unsure about those carbs, whether or not they are worth the money. Abbott, are you going to try to make it to Savannah for the ride?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by big83bronco
    yeah, rebuild is a must on used carbs!!!!!! I learned that the hard way......blown motor! Anyways, im still unsure about those carbs, whether or not they are worth the money. Abbott, are you going to try to make it to Savannah for the ride?
    In my opinion, if your going to save money for carbs. Save a little more and go as big as you can all at the same time with some 48's. Same rule of thumb when going big bore too---cost the same to go from 1300 to 1400 or 1300 to 1500.
    Carbs are a big way to increase your hole shot and big time acceleration gains. It's not a serious top end mod, but it does help out a little---but you sure can get to top speed in about 3/4 of the time it would normally take to get there.

Depending on your set-up the carb conversion can be worth maybe 1 mph on top (many think that it's more and it very well can be in the right circumstance for sure). If your converting from EFI to carbs --its a bitch because everything changes at that point such as your fuel feed/sending unit, some electronics, running pulse lines (drilling required for 03 boats and up because they were all EFI's with no pulse lines), ect.....

Savanna?? Havn't heard about that. Kerr Lake is coming up, then Nashville, then Jacksonville, then Destin---so i think i am going to be tripped out if you know what i mean. I hope to see you at FRS #3 in Jacksonville though.

Yeah, i will definately be @ Jacksonville. I posted a thread about a ride from Savannah to Hilton Head in the performance section.

+1
    Those carbs will bolt on a GP but not a GPR find a GPR set.
    Not worth the money to switch them over.
    Looks like a good set for the GP but like Abbott said the shaft to shaft linkage is not as good.

I have a set of 46mm micuni carbs for the GP on a R&D intake with F/A if anyone is looking (shaft to shaft) $500.

SCOTT..........

Thread Information