Question Rxp-x Oil and Waranty Help?? PLEASE

With the x sc clutch washers metal and upgraded am i to use the new brp semi-synthetic oil or regular 4 stroke brp oil???? this ski is new and im at 7 hours prob gonna hit ten hours before the oil change which i have done plenty but my question is will it void my warranty if i do it myself and not do the ten hour inspection????? Thanks for the help guys!

Anybody know about this stuff or went through it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp12 View Post
    With the x sc clutch washers metal and upgraded am i to use the new brp semi-synthetic oil or regular 4 stroke brp oil???? this ski is new and im at 7 hours prob gonna hit ten hours before the oil change which i have done plenty but my question is will it void my warranty if i do it myself and not do the ten hour inspection????? Thanks for the help guys!
    Hey mate, as long as you keep the receipts for the oil and filter to prove you actually did the service, then i see no reason as to why your warranty would be voided. But just make sure first. Also from what i was told by my dealer the BRP mineral oil is no longer available, the semi-synthetic stuff will become the standard from now on. i personally use amsoil fully synthetic in my p-x.

Doing the oil change yourself will not void your warranty. I took a picture of the receipt next to the display showing the hours of the ski at the time of the oil change. Also included a similar pic of the receipt next to the VIN number just to be on the safe side.

Thats good im happy about the warranty but i have already bought a gallon of old brp oil cause my dealer said this is what you need. truth be told theyre dumb asses and couldnt have a clue about what theyre talking about alot of the time. im just so confuse about this oil semi? or old style oil?

Just asked Jerry the answer is to run the semisynthetic in the x models thanks for the help everyone.

Thread Information