Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Error Code PO344

Today was the first day that i put my 06 rxt to the water.
    About a week ago I over floated the engine with water while turning the water first tho flash it. I did follow all the steps to get the water out of the cylinders and id did start after a while... Any way today was my test run day.
    After about 5 min of riding after giving a full throttle then let it off the engine stalled. I did try to start is again and all I got was Check Engine and a code PO344. Id did check all the connectors and fuses. Is there anything else that i could do/check at home. I am trying to avoid a visit to the dealer as my account balance is low :/
    I will greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.
    Thank you.

+1
    p0344 according to the seadoo manual:

Cam phase sensor signal missing.

damaged sensor
    damaged circuit wires
    damaged connector
    damaged ecm pins or damaged tooth wheel

Seems to me,can be a lot of things,maybe some wet connectors.

Thank you for that.
    Any other suggestions? greatly appreciate any help...

+1
    Well, standing at the rear of the ski and looking towards the front, the cam sensor is on the back of the head, more or less above the supercharger. The sensor is in a plastic housing and has a wire connected to it ... first thing to try is unplug the wire, blow out the connections and put some di-electric grease on both and plug it securely back in. You might get lucky and have it only be a bad connection to that sensor. To get a better idea, get a manual, or look at the online engine diagrams if you are unsure which sensor it is.

Boy, if you filled the cylinders with water while flushing, I hope that you changed the oil a few times and didn't bend any rods... Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Well, standing at the rear of the ski and looking towards the front, the cam sensor is on the back of the head, more or less above the supercharger. The sensor is in a plastic housing and has a wire connected to it ... first thing to try is unplug the wire, blow out the connections and put some di-electric grease on both and plug it securely back in. You might get lucky and have it only be a bad connection to that sensor. To get a better idea, get a manual, or look at the online engine diagrams if you are unsure which sensor it is.

+1. Exactly!..... and keep your fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Boy, if you filled the cylinders with water while flushing, I hope that you changed the oil a few times and didn't bend any rods... Ron
    So i am realizing that i didn't fallow all the steps and i didint change the oil after the flood.
    Does it mean that there is more damage that the sensor? The connection seems to be good as i did put the grease as suggested, with out success.
    Should i take spark plugs out to see if there is a spark while cranking. Also, should I order a new sensor or just go and shut myself for not changing the oil?
    Thanx

+1
    I would just pull the dipstick and see if it is milky at all ... if not, the oil is fine. Can you explain exactly what happened to the ski? The wording in your first post confused me ... knowing exactly what happened would help.

PO344

So week ago i did run the engine on a garden hose and i didnt turn the water off before turning off the engine, so the water overflowed into cylinders. I did eventually got the water out and brought engine back to life but i didnt change the oil and filter after. Today i took it on the water and it did run smoothly until just about 3 min in to the test run, after opening the full throttle then letting it off the engine stalled. I was trying to start it again but i got "CHECK ENGINE " and then the code PO344. Until now no success to bring it back to life. Engine turns smoothly but there is no ignition at all. I did check all connectors and fuses also the sensor connection with no success. I can crank the engine smoothly but it just doesn't start. I thought to take plugs out and plug it to the coil while cranking to see if there is a spark. I dont know if there may be some electric problem or mixed water with oil cause bending rods, valves or some other internal damage. I hope it will help

+1
    OK, that helps. If you filled the cylinders, but then pulled all 3 spark plugs before ever turning it over, you should be free of major damage ... usually. If you pulled the plugs and kept turning it over until no more water shot out of the cylinders, then the next thing would be to check the oil and change if necessary (likely needs to be changed) if it looks milky at all. It is kinda strange that you got the P0344 from doing what you did ... you did not submerge the ski, only got water in the cylinders, not really into any electrical connectors.

If the ski idled smooth and ran good, that is a good sign. A bent rod should result in rough running ... my guess is that possibly your timing chain broke tho since you are not getting spark and get the P0344 error code. The smart thing to do now is check the oil first, but no matter what, you also should remove the valve cover ... pull the two plastic pieces off, then just loosen the eight or so torx bolts (they are kept bolts, will not normally come off, are kept with an internal o ring, so loosen them fully, but do not pull them out) and pull the valve cover off. You may need to remove TOPS or oil vent hose too if that attaches to the valve cover. Once the cover is off you can easily see the camshaft, chain, cam sensor, etc, and you should be able to get an idea what is going on in the motor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information