Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    2006 RXP

exhaust mods - i need a bit of clarification

Looking at 4tecperformance.com i see three different exhaust mods, a free flow exhaust kit, the waterbox, and the rear exhaust kit. Can all of these be used together?

2006 RXP
    anyone?

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    ok I will try
    the free flow replace a plastic pipe that goes over to the factory sound suppressor and joins in to the section that leaves the sound supressor and out the factory exit hole, it reduces a little backpressure and adds a little more sound. this allow you to remove the sound suppression box.

The thru hull comes out of your factory waterbox and goes out the back of the hull reduces more backpressure and adds more rumble.

The riva water box replace your factory waterbox with a shorter version and has the thru hull pipe built in this allow your to remove the Supercharger quicker and without having to loosen and slide back the factory exhaust for the room needed to remove the supercharger a little more rumble also.

so if your planning on pulling your supercharger a lot your self the riva waterbox exhaust is best bet as it is a pain to loosen the exhaust and silde it back out of the way .

hope it makes sense

+1
    So does the water box exit through the factory location or out through the hull?

+1
    The waterbox exists in the same place as the thru hull. Its attched to the waterbox but better. I just got the water box and would not go any other way. The sound is amazing.

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    The waterbox exists in the same place as the thru hull. Its attched to the waterbox but better. I just got the water box and would not go any other way. The sound is amazing.

So getting the waterbox(and tip) means dont get the thru hull, because its attached already. and the stock tube that the "free flow" tube replaces would actually be removed, and a block off installed to fill the gap.

Thanks!

+1
    Correct. The waterbox cleans up the back end so much. I think its a needed upgrade. Yeah, just the water box, the tip, and you need a silicone coupler 2.75" diameter about 5" long. Mine was 5.5" but a little long.

2006 RXP
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    Correct. The waterbox cleans up the back end so much. I think its a needed upgrade. Yeah, just the water box, the tip, and you need a silicone coupler 2.75" diameter about 5" long. Mine was 5.5" but a little long.

whats the coupler for and where can i get one?

+1
    The coupler goes inbetween the thrull hull fitting and the water box. Riva doesnt include it. Jerry has one in his store for like $20 with clamps. I dont know if its long enough or not.

When I did mine I bought a 2' section of black silicone tubing for $50 from silicone intakes. I probably have enough if you want to buy a chunk from me. I did mine and there is still enough for 3 more. I want to keep a extra but let me know if you want a piece.

Just double check with people on the length because I dont know if the other years/models are different. I think the RXT might be different
    I got a '08 RXP.

+1
    If someone already doesn't make the coupler someone should start selling it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information