Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Intake grate?

  1. #1

    Intake grate?

    I have searched and searched and come up with some conclusions. Riva is best in choppy but no so good on top end. Worx is best all around and R & D is best for calm.

    I mostly ride calm water, arent concrened with choppy water. Would Worx be the best intake grate to get. I wanted to get some answers from members who have tried it out! Im ready for my intake grate, bov, and OPAS removal. . .just tryin to get some input from some fellow GH men!!


  2. #2
    NastyStang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    156
    +1
    3
    I'd like to know, too. I ride my ski in the ocean, the intercoastal, lakes, and rivers.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PDX - Oregon
    Posts
    2,205
    A couple good reviews... I have the worx and love it. You can feel it load the pump and keep you glued to the water. I've read nothing good about the Riva great.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70123

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74950

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    A couple good reviews... I have the worx and love it. You can feel it load the pump and keep you glued to the water. I've read nothing good about the Riva great.

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70123

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74950
    i ride in both waters and i find the worxs grate very good, only because i've grinded the outer wings off, its the dogs for me, very rarely comes unhooked, and you still get the speed

  5. #5
    QWKRN U's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    LOTO 1mm Glaize arm
    Posts
    330
    cut the stock grate. Do a search on here for it.

  6. #6

    grates

    i have found i like the riva grate but then again i have not tried any other sooo. 08 tx top speed 70.8 half tank 8060rpms still tuning

  7. #7
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by just2quick_rxtx View Post
    I have searched and searched and come up with some conclusions. Riva is best in choppy but no so good on top end. Worx is best all around and R & D is best for calm.

    I mostly ride calm water, arent concrened with choppy water. Would Worx be the best intake grate to get. I wanted to get some answers from members who have tried it out! Im ready for my intake grate, bov, and OPAS removal. . .just tryin to get some input from some fellow GH men!!
    Maybe this helps!

    Today i did some testing.

    I moded my stock grate,and compared it with the worx.

    Worx 8160-8180 rpm 71.1 mph slight chop

    Moded stocker 8100-8120 rpm 71.6mph slight chop

    Water temp 66 F Daytemp 72 F

    I thought the worx was better in chop,but the gps proved me wrong.

    Maybe in heavier chop the Worx is faster.

    Did some cornering but the stocker handled ok.

    Between the Worx and stocker there is a drop of 60 rpm's.

    If i decide to cut the wings of the Worx i will post some test results,but still not sure if i gonna cut my grate up.

  8. #8
    richrxp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    949
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    i ride in both waters and i find the worxs grate very good, only because i've grinded the outer wings off, its the dogs for me, very rarely comes unhooked, and you still get the speed
    Did you compare it wih the other grates on the market?

    I like to know if you have a before and after wing cutting speednumber on the worx.

    And did you test it compared to the stocker ?

    Otherwise you don't know what the speed gains are.

    I'm doing some testing myself like to compare with yours,send you a pm,but you didn't respond.

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by just2quick_rxtx View Post
    I have searched and searched and come up with some conclusions. Riva is best in choppy but no so good on top end. Worx is best all around and R & D is best for calm.

    I have tested all the grates on the T-X except the new R and D CC grate.
    The riva is one of the fastest top end but is not good in the rough, so therefore the riva is best for calm water. The worx is the best for rough stuff.

    I mostly ride calm water, arent concrened with choppy water. Would Worx be the best intake grate to get. I wanted to get some answers from members who have tried it out! Im ready for my intake grate, bov, and OPAS removal. . .just tryin to get some input from some fellow GH men!!
    I run the riva in the winter and the worx in summer.

    Hope that helps.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. found out what my rxp is running with the intake grate
    By kenshin89 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-17-2007, 02:09 PM
  2. Intake grate advice needed
    By Jeff C in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 01:32 AM
  3. Trueing rideplate and intake grate
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2005, 09:10 AM
  4. intake grate ?
    By Krazy-K in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
  5. Intake grates
    By SUPERBEAST in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •