Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my gps IS crap!!!

just wanted to clearify to all members who responded to previous post "new #'s" that i found my gps was off 2-3 mph, did not intend to post false info on my ski as i wanted to hear input on my #'s i had at hand, knew it seemed too good to be true, i did however pull a 71.9 @ 7140 which seems more realistic to me with a new gps, garmin etrex.let me know if i'm still out of my mind

wow still great numbers gezz..

WIth stock head? and no jims ff plate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gpr2000 View Post
    just wanted to clearify to all members who responded to previous post "new #'s" that i found my gps was off 2-3 mph, did not intend to post false info on my ski as i wanted to hear input on my #'s i had at hand, knew it seemed too good to be true, i did however pull a 71.9 @ 7140 which seems more realistic to me with a new gps, garmin etrex.let me know if i'm still out of my mind
    Still extremely great #'s. I could believe them if your on a river with some good current and wind at your back.

But still with no increased compression and no modded ride plate, those numbers are really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    Still extremely great #'s. I could believe them if your on a river with some good current and wind at your back.

But still with no increased compression and no modded ride plate, those numbers are really really good.
    riva heads

sounds good. add an ff plate

still don't think so. 1200 grate, FF, and D-plate are all 1MPH loss. so that means

if your ski is running 67 stock, you would be running 64-65ish.

the other mods you listed don't ad up to 5-6 MPH

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dogger View Post
    riva heads

sounds good. add an ff plate
    I missed the Riva heads part. Even with that he is way high for his mods. The Riva catalog doesn't even advertise that high for a full stage 2 kit.

But if that is what your gps is telling you, enjoy it, and just have fun.

my buddy has an 08 rxp-x with intake grate and prop and we are always back and forth on who wins, its that close

+1
    my buddy has an 08 rxp-x with intake grate and prop and we are always back and forth on who wins, its that close
    An 08 RXP X with grate and prop is only good for 67-69 mph on top end. And the X should be killing you on holeshot. Please don't take this offensively at all. I have an 03 GP1300R and love that ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's GPR View Post
    An 08 RXP X with grate and prop is only good for 67-69 mph on top end. And the X should be killing you on holeshot. Please don't take this offensively at all. I have an 03 GP1300R and love that ski.
    no offense at all, actually i can hang with his hole shot, he does pull about 1 boat length from idle and almost dead even from 10 mph roll i thought the rxp-x was faster than that, his is def because we ride with another 07 gpr bone stock and we kill him all over the board

+1
    no offense at all, actually i can hang with his hole shot, he does pull about 1 boat length from idle and almost dead even from 10 mph roll i thought the rxp-x was faster than that, his is def because we ride with another 07 gpr bone stock and we kill him all over the board
    The X should be faster than that at holeshot. The X's prop might be too tall and that is why you guys are even. As far as there top end, its should be right around 68-69 with those mods. Are you running the jetworks mod and Leos kit? The JW mod really helped out my holeshot. I can now keep up with a modded RXP and the X's. They still have a couple boat lengths on me, but its a lot better than before.

As far as the stock 07, you both should be crushing a stocker. The stocker realistically will only hit 64-65 mph with no holeshot, lots of cavitation, and some handling issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information