Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AM carb? ultra 150

All right I am sick of my CV carbs and want something to replace them. I am thinking 44 SBN's or some 44 blackjack's. I would love the Novi but not sure I want to spend that much. I have been researching this and i am wondering how to matain the oil injection system.

I know that group k, r&d, and skiworx have the manifolds to do this. I also know that I will need reed stuffers to match up the intake with the reed cages. If I do go with the SBN's I will block off the fuel pumps and install a single three output mikuni pump instead of the read spacers with pulse fittings.

I know there is alot of people on here running this motor and I am looking forward to your input. Thanks in advance.

Well I just found a deal on three 44SBN's from a 98 gp1200 that I couldn't pass up. Now I am just wondering on what a good starting point for jetting. Also will F/A adaptors with oil injector fittings work to keep the factory oil injection?

+1
    Yes, that will work for the oil but make sure you put the lines on in the same order they are in now. For jetting I would give Steve at skiworx a call and have him recommend something, you will prob have to change everything in those carbs so Steve would be the person to call.

^ Yeah plus two, steve is setting up 48mm blackjacks for my ultra 150, I would definitly give steve at skiworx a call, he can set you up right.

Talked to groupk today since I ordered my manifolds from them along with the reed stuffers. They gave me a good starting point for jetting and pop off.

Quote Originally Posted by captainoverspray View Post
    All right I am sick of my CV carbs and want something to replace them. I am thinking 44 SBN's or some 44 blackjack's. I would love the Novi but not sure I want to spend that much. I have been researching this and i am wondering how to matain the oil injection system.

I know that group k, r&d, and skiworx have the manifolds to do this. I also know that I will need reed stuffers to match up the intake with the reed cages. If I do go with the SBN's I will block off the fuel pumps and install a single three output mikuni pump instead of the read spacers with pulse fittings.

I know there is alot of people on here running this motor and I am looking forward to your input. Thanks in advance.
    Beware of the sbn series carbs they dont come with a tps mount. You have to fabricate a bracket. And if you dont and decide to just leave the tps sensor at the wot setting , the boat will not run as intened. I Fried a piston messing around with those carbs. However i do have a set of R&d reed stuffers that i bought from steve that i have laying around. They are brand new never got around to use them. If you want them i could do $65 shipped.

I plan on setting up a bracket like johny5 did when he mounted them on his stxr. I have already dug through the RC parts box to find all the linkage and servo horns needed to do it. I wish you would of posted 12 hours earlier i just bought stuffers from groupk when I bought my manifolds.

+1
    No longer running the tps and havent for a lont ime really didnt see much differance with the 46 mm carbs due to the fact the tps is really for the stock carbs and probably needed for adjusting the timing ever so slightly ..... You can try it though and see if your top rpm's are differant with it and with out it. no differance in bottom end.

I will get a updated video of how my ski runs out of the water and holeshot and such.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    No longer running the tps and havent for a lont ime really didnt see much differance with the 46 mm carbs due to the fact the tps is really for the stock carbs and probably needed for adjusting the timing ever so slightly ..... You can try it though and see if your top rpm's are differant with it and with out it. no differance in bottom end.

I will get a updated video of how my ski runs out of the water and holeshot and such.

I dont knoe. I guess my case was just diffrent. I had the tps set to wot and thats what was happening it was just not running right on the bottom end. Just giving my experience with them. The tps sensor has everything to do with timing it works in unison with with carbs if the tps is set to wot the timing is set at its max and will not run as well on the bottom end. This is actualy the explenation my mechanic gave me when my piston died. Of course he replaced it free of charge. Hopefully it works out diffrent for you.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1

44 mikunis

Louis,
    Were you running the 44's that I bought from you a few weeks ago? I went through those and they had a #95 low speed jet. That seems very lean on the bottom, I wonder if that ahd something to do with tha melt down....

Jonny, do you run with the sensor totally unplugged or did you set it and silicone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information