Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    D & B

08 RXP-X intake hose blowing off?

Guy's I installed the Riva Power filter kit last week. Took it out this weekend to ride and the Intake Hose leaving the supercharger going to the intake keeps blowing off at the supercharger outlet. Any suggestions I am about to have to resort to taking in and paying to have it fixed!

+1
    Get some 2.5" t-clamps from silicone intakes. Clean the hose and whatever off with rubbing alcohol. Make sure the clamp and hose is position right and tighten clamp. Thats what works for me and I am running 15+ psi boost with stock hoses.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Get some 2.5" t-clamps from silicone intakes. Clean the hose and whatever off with rubbing alcohol. Make sure the clamp and hose is position right and tighten clamp. Thats what works for me and I am running 15+ psi boost with stock hoses.
    +1

D & B
    Is that common after adding a power filter kit without the free flow exhaust?

+1
    Not really. Maybe messed up the clamp by overtighten not sure. I ran the stock clamps for a few hours. I did tighten them before and after every ride. I just didn't overcrank them. I still check my t-clamps every couple rides.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DCoog View Post
    Is that common after adding a power filter kit without the free flow exhaust?
    you might try t bolt clamps, but the main thing is to get a good seal and tighten up again once warm. the hoses that come with kit are 2.5 inches. I use them all except for the one you are blowing off from sc to pipe. I have a coupler that is 3.5 inches. It is not must but I look for any areas for improvement,.but there are plenty of skis running the setup without your issue. by using 3.5 inch hose you can clamp down with plenty of bite and with the coupler being longer its not coming out even with clamps coming loose. get those clamps tight or try a bit longer coupler. good luck!

D & B
    it's actually blowing off from the sc exit on top going to the ic. is that where you are talking about?

+1
    if your looking for longer coupler. just buy the blue exhaust hose for the thru hull in the store. it is exact material and diameter as the riva coupler. I think it is approx 5 inches long and you then cut it down to what you need. you want be able to blow the pipe out with that coupler being longer. in fact to pull sc you have to slide coupler to wards blow off valve to get it off. this and some t bolts will put this issue behind you. I would also replace 4.5 inch mid pipe to waterbox gear clamps with T bolt clamps.!!!!!,

+1
    Thats what I am talking about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DCoog View Post
    it's actually blowing off from the sc exit on top going to the ic. is that where you are talking about?
    yes, sc exit to pipe that goes to ic. sc- longer coupler - pipe - riva coupler - ic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information