Is this a good deal

Although I have been looking at Yamahas I came across this RXT and thought it looked like a good deal. Any opinions and what is the max you would pay.

I'm a newbie and don't want to get taken.

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...205|240%3A1318

+1
    Average Retail is like 6200.00. It is a nice looking boat and the area code does match where the boat is supposed to be (besides, how many scammers will have heard of Rutherfordton, NC).

That said, the only thing that bothers me is that he does not have registration numbers on either the boat nor a license plate on the truck that is pulling it (and neither are brand new).

If it is not too far a drive it is worth a look. I would not go much more than 6000, imo, but it depends on what it is worth to you. This time of year though, that thing could go as high as 7500.

I bought my 07 rxp from the same dealer/seller on ebay a few weeks ago. The final bid is what you pay, there are no other fees or tax which is good. I got mine for $6400. They don't really know much about the skis they sell though as a lot of them are repos and such so I would go look at it before you bid. Mine was a repo from Alabama and it did not have a title (Alabama is not a titling state) for the ski or trailer. They did have the paperwork from the bank with the lien release so I was able to get the title and registration since I am in SC and u need a title in SC. I was also suprised to find out that mine had a riva stage 1 kit on it, which it said nothing about in the add. They do a lot of copy and pasting on their descriptions. Mine said it came with a cover, but when I came to pick it up he didn't have one for it, so he gave me $50 back to buy one. New covers from seadoo are around $200 bucks, but I didn't want to argue with him. Plan on doing a tune up to the ski too. I put mine in the water after bringing it home and it did not run good at all, come to find the spark plugs were bad. Also the battery needed a good charging. I have put about 8 hrs on the ski now since I changed out the plugs and it has been running great. I would just recommend you go look at it first and check it out real good. I got lucky and found out mine had the supercharger replaced under warranty in 08 with the updated design with the metal washers.

Awesome....thanks guys for the input

Then they don't know if the ceramic SC washers have failed. I would not buy this unless you know that the SC washers are intact. A short test ride would verify that. The engine rpms should be 7900-8100 in the water (not on the trailer). If they can't verify the running condition of the ski, I would pass... Ron

Thread Information