RXT is Performance

There has been a lot of discusion about the speed govern on the "is" models. I have 2 of them and have now gone thru 2 tanks of fuel and they only want to run 7800 RPM, I have always felt BRP has some form of fuel enrichment for the first 10 or so hours that may contribute to the low RPM but have never had it confirmed. The GPS speedo reads 106 km/hr or 66 mph. If we get some decent weather I will get some hours on and see if they loosen up, or maybe they are limited!
    Any thoughts?

I know that BRP has a 10 hr break in on the Ski Doo [snowmobile] products. After 10 hrs the ecm advances the timing abit. I was wondering if the same timing retarding is built in to thier Sea Doo brand. I bet it is....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by motorsport17 View Post
    There has been a lot of discusion about the speed govern on the "is" models. I have 2 of them and have now gone thru 2 tanks of fuel and they only want to run 7800 RPM, I have always felt BRP has some form of fuel enrichment for the first 10 or so hours that may contribute to the low RPM but have never had it confirmed. The GPS speedo reads 106 km/hr or 66 mph. If we get some decent weather I will get some hours on and see if they loosen up, or maybe they are limited!
    Any thoughts?
    Yes many people have reported there ski's liven up a bit after the 10 hour mark. I personally didnt notice this with my ski, but i took it easy for the first 10 hours.. 66 mph sounds pretty well on the mark for a stock IS any way i would think.

+1
    Most people are getting 68+ with the iS... including myself. I run right at 8060 RPMs. You are down on RPM's. Check the oil level in your motor. My iS was hitting 8060 RPM's with only 5 hours on it.

Fuel.... I recommend you try to find a gas station that does not use ethenol in their fuel. Make sure you are using the best fuel you can find. Ethenol will hurt your performance! There are "Knock" sensors in the engine that will adjust operating perameters that will effect your performance. Not to mention that there are very different blends of fuel depending on where you are located, and that blend itself can dramatically effect your performance.

Fuel is becomming a major issue with short and long term performance of engines. Take a canning jar and fill it with fuel from your local gas station, if it has ethinol (which it probably does) the ethenol will completely seperate from the gas with-in an hour! Fuel stabilizers are becoming very important to keep these fuels from seperating, for a little time longer anyway. We all need to be lobbying our governments to stop this forced blending. It hurts performance, engine life, and costs more to make the gasoline! Ok, i will get off my soap box. Check your fuel.

Thrill

I am in Westerm Canada and we do have blended fuels here but to my knowlege Shell here is pure gas.
    We are at 2400' ASL so I know I am down some on power. The boat runs heads up with a new RXT-X with a cut grate on the top end, but gets killed out of the hole.
    I may try a different prop, but according to BRP the 08 props are not compatible with any of the 09 pumps. I think the Hulk told me they will work but I will have to put a few more hours on then pull the pump and see!

Thread Information