Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

What do you think?

So my ski is still in transit! here is my part list can anyone fill me in on what i am missing or dont need. i went around the forum to find what works best this looks like the best list so far... thought??? if something i need give me the link... PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!! ( I Will be using this ski on Ocean Water only) FL KEYS

1. have dealership do throttle recall

2. RIVA D-PLATE

3. RIVA CAT TEMP CHIP

4. R & D intake grate

5. R & D Ride Plate

6. R & D carbon fiber reinforment inlet kit

7. RIVA GPR Pump Seal kit

8. RIVA GPR Trim Tabs

????? THINKS? SUGGES??????

STICKERS

I knew some people in highschool that had some honda ricers..... and they claim every sticker was 5 hp... LMAO JK bro... just trying to get my posts up... lol

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    I am new to this section (I came from the Polaris section) but this is what I have found.

RIVA D-PLATE ( Do a search either the Riva or R&D is better for the 1300)

RIVA CAT TEMP CHIP (This is just a resistor but the chip easier)

R & D intake grate (Get a double bar or the forum's SS)

R & D Ride Plate (People seem to prefer Jims FF version of the stock plate)

R & D carbon fiber reinforcement inlet kit (305COCO makes a great kit I have 2!!!)

RIVA GPR Pump Seal kit (The kit is easier than 5200/4200 but people do both)

Good luck and have fun

+1
    R & D intake grate (Get a double bar or the forum's SS) are you referring to

SS 800 Grate that is on sale for 299.00??? this is the best choice?

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    From what I understand the SS grate tested well and is a good choice. The stock grate can be dangerous as you get past the stock speed (some say it is dangerous all together), but even the R&D and Riva grates have broken before. Realize however these failures were on modified skis in the high 70's and up. For a stock rec ski and R&D, Riva, and Worx grate would work just fine.

This is just my advice "worth what you paid "

I was told you want the Riva d-plate for 1300 and r&d d-plate is better for the 1200 for the chip it depends what year your gpr is on newer ones the resistor chip they sell does not work you got to get it from radioshack or i have seen posts where people mod the wires do a search there are posts on it. you must love riding in the keys the first time i had my boat there i kept thinking i was going to hit a reef the water is so clear, also did a weekend on the jetski great riding there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    So my ski is still in transit! here is my part list can anyone fill me in on what i am missing or dont need. i went around the forum to find what works best this looks like the best list so far... thought??? if something i need give me the link... PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!! ( I Will be using this ski on Ocean Water only) FL KEYS

1. have dealership do throttle recall

2. RIVA D-PLATE

3. RIVA CAT TEMP CHIP

4. R & D intake grate

5. R & D Ride Plate

6. R & D carbon fiber reinforment inlet kit

7. RIVA GPR Pump Seal kit

8. RIVA GPR Trim Tabs

????? THINKS? SUGGES??????

I think you pretty much have a good idea where to start. The R&D plates are faster then the riva plate. R&D 1200 grate is good. Order a 305 coco pump tunnel kit or just lay carbon fiber strips down if you wanna save money, you can find out how to do that looking in the how to section. The Riva chip doesnt work well with the newer GPR's you'll have to do a 2.2k resistor (which is easy and you can search how to do that). The Riva Trim tabs I personally wouldn't bother getting, I still run my stock tabs. Or you can look for a used set of 1200 metal tabs. What is your exact goal your trying to achieve with you ski?

+1
    my exact goal with the ski is to have one hell of a fun ride! i dont plan to race in comp or anything. i just want a bat outta hell ski that is a safe one since i see some parts fail.. IF THE THING ever gets here!!

if any of you want to come to the keys and talk ski with me come on down. i would understand ALOT more with someone looking at the ski with me.

so i guess cross D plate off list and trim tabs............

which plate do you all thing this SS one everyone talks about or a R&D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    my exact goal with the ski is to have one hell of a fun ride! i dont plan to race in comp or anything. i just want a bat outta hell ski that is a safe one since i see some parts fail.. IF THE THING ever gets here!!

if any of you want to come to the keys and talk ski with me come on down. i would understand ALOT more with someone looking at the ski with me.

so i guess cross D plate off list and trim tabs............

which plate do you all thing this SS one everyone talks about or a R&D
    No get the Riva D-plate that is a must! If you don't want your cat/con jamming into your exhaust. for what your doing the SS isn't worth the money a R&D 1200 grate is just fine.

+1
    now you say 1200 is there a diff or same thing in a R & D 1200 plate and 1300 plate?

if i get the D plate (which i will now) i understand the little plug in chip thing will not work on the 08? is there something that will???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information