Word SENSOR on dash and trim not showing

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem before. I have an 05 RXP with 115 hours on it. I have never had any problems with the ski until this past weekend. While I was riding, the word SENSOR was flashing across the dash. I'm not sure this is related, but the little dash on the electronic gauges that usually shows where the Trim is currently at is not showing up on the gauge. (Trim may be out also). I was also only able to hit 7500 RPM and a reading of 67 to 68 on the gauge all day. It usually shows 70, but I could never get the ski there. I filled up the ski at the boat launch with regular unleaded (usually use premium). COuld this be part of the problem. My brother seems to remember that when he used regular unleaded before, he had the same problem - not with the trim, but with the speed. Any suggestions on the RPM/speed and the Trim? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by awague2 View Post
    I filled up the ski at the boat launch with regular unleaded (usually use premium). COuld this be part of the problem. My brother seems to remember that when he used regular unleaded before, he had the same problem - not with the trim, but with the speed. Any suggestions on the RPM/speed and the Trim? Thanks!
    RXP runs on 90+ Octane only.....it even says on your OEM owners manual That's 1 solution to your problem. Trim, which I think your refering to the VTS is another problem Is there a sale going on ....On Vts problems at Green Hulk seems like everybody's VTS is going out lately Check your spark plugs. you might have problems soon after running regular unleaded. are you related to Benazz? one of our forum member that ran his RXP on the same fuel you used

+1
    Your trim probabaly was in the down position when it quite responding and so your ski rides nose heavy and the result is less rpm/speed. If you've had your battery disconected, or you've replaced it, your ski probably has lost it's memory (with vts control along with it) and can be fixed by taking it to the dealer for reprograming.

OBJ

Oh, would the moderators please change jammer 1's avatar to something funnier please, the current one is not your best work
    Thanks OBJ

Thanks for the info! Usually only put 90+ octane in, but was running on E with a ways to go to get some premium. Gonna bring the ski to a shop nearby to see what the Sensor deal is. Again, Thanks!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Is there a sale going on ....On Vts problems at Green Hulk seems like everybody's VTS is going out lately
    You ain't kiddin

If you see Sensor, there is either a problem with a physical senor on the ski, or the ski thinks you have a sensor that doesn't exist. If you're getting Sensor AND the VTS isn't woriking, the chances are that you had the battery disconnected or drained. In that case, a dealer would need to change the options on your ski via BUDS... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    If you see Sensor, there is either a problem with a physical senor on the ski, or the ski thinks you have a sensor that doesn't exist. If you're getting Sensor AND the VTS isn't woriking, the chances are that you had the battery disconnected or drained. In that case, a dealer would need to change the options on your ski via BUDS... Ron
    +1. You probably have a depth gauge and a compass mode now. The word sensor comes up because there is no compass or depth sensor.

Thread Information